3 month check-up...not sooo good.

Brandy L.
on 6/9/08 8:49 am - Baudour , Belgium
Well as you all know I went in for my 3 month check-up today. And well got in a bit of lecture.  My protein level was extremely low.... 9.6   (yeah...not good). I was told it had better go up from now on and I have to do protein supplements or shakes of some kind. I have to add Vitamin A, and more patassium. Other than that everything else was good. And I talked to Dr. Martin about if we moved to Belgium. He said if they won't let me do my tummy tuck over there that I could always come back to Fort Lewis and have it done. But we will wait and see. I should at least be here for my 6 month check-up and possibly my 9 month.  So guess maybe I will be going to visit Vitalady one of these days. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

jillianD
on 6/9/08 1:36 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
So waht does dr martin what you to bring your protein up to?  Also don't forget sweet potatoes have a lot of vit A. You will be fine!  When is he testing again?  Also I tried the beneprotein tonight, still had the smell in the can and I said oh no not happenin, but I mixes a scoop into a couple oz of cold water and then added some hot SF chai.  Guess what I couldn't taste it!!  Wahoo!!   Granted it doesn't have a lot of protein per scoop (6gm)and their small scoops.  But I don't care I figure I can sneak 18 extra grams in with a couple of hot drinks. BTW I got it on the walgreens web site but I am gonna see if a local one might start carrying it.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 6/9/08 2:26 pm - Tacoma, WA
Yep - time for a trip to Vitalady!!  :)  I'm sure you'll be able to find a protein powder that you like and you'll get that protein level up to where it needs to be!  That's why they do the labs - so they catch it right away and get you doing what needs to be done to get the levels back.  You'll do fine!!  By the way, congrats on hubby's new assignment to Belgium!!  What a wonderful duty station, in my opinion...  I'm very jealous, actually!!  :)  I'm sure you're looking forward to actually having him around for a bit and to be settled in one area for 3 years will be nice for you... Take care and get that protein in along with the vit A and potassium!!  :)

~Nancy~

Helen_Anne
on 6/10/08 3:08 am - Bremerton, WA
Brandy... Sorry to hear about your labs...  So.... does this mean we can come in visit you in Belgium????  I have been wanting to go to Europe and now I know someone else who lives there (my 2nd cousin lives in Ireland)! Helen
kittykatzmom
on 6/10/08 3:17 pm - Mason co., WA
Brabdy I agree with Jill the Beneprotein is the ONLY protein I have been able to tolerate, I just order two cans from Walgreens on line and it's wonderful, even my 16y.o. uses it and she is very picky, Good luck with your deficiencies and have fun in Belgium

~Cindy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/13/08 1:52 pm - Buckley, WA
Brandy , You better get to Vita Lady's & get sampling . I got lectured early on , too . lol . Kathy

Most Active