Random thoughts on my 6 month surgiversary...

nancy6
on 6/6/08 1:30 pm - Tacoma, WA
Well, it was six months ago today that I had my surgery...  What a wonderful ride it has been!  As of today I am down 97 pounds (about 13 were pre-op) and a total of 85.5 inches!!  That would not have happened if I hadn't had this "tool" to help me along and for that I'm grateful...  The hair loss has slowed down quite a bit and I'm even seeing new growth so I think the worst of that is past, too.  I want to thank all my friends here on OH for their support over these months.  For me, the support and understanding from others going through the same thing has been a real lifesaver!  I think the support will be even more important after this "honeymoon" period is over and it becomes more of a challenge to maintain the weight loss, but I truly believe we can do it!!  I'm looking forward to the summer - when it finally gets here - and I may even wear shorts!!! 

~Nancy~

S Andrews
on 6/6/08 2:17 pm - eatonville, WA
Congragulations Nancy! You are doing great. I am so happy for you. You're very inspiring. Hugs Sharon
nancy6
on 6/6/08 3:46 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Sharon!!  Hope all is well with you...  Will you be at Vitalady's support group next week?  I'll be there on Wednesday.  Then the new group "Thru Thick n Thin" meets at the Summit View library on Monday June 16 (that's right near 112th and Canyon).  Would love to meet you sometime!  Take care...

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 6/6/08 4:22 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow Nancy you've done wonderfully!  Its amazing to me how fast time has flown by I remember when you were a new post op, now you are getting closer and closer to your goal weight.  Heck I am amazed that I am coming up on 4 months. Glad to hear you are well and happy, you'd better wear your shorts to the get togther in July!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 6/7/08 12:45 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Jill.  The time just does fly by!  It's great to see how well everyone is doing...  Even though some have had a few bumps in the road, I think all us Washingtonians are doing great!!  Hopefully the weather will be nice enough in July to wear those shorts!!  :)  Looking forward to that get together!

~Nancy~

grandmabev47
on 6/7/08 2:02 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
You guys are all doing great....I hope in 6 months I'll be so pleased  with my progress....I'm pleased so far my labs have  been good so I'm happy...it is great to have this wonderful tool to work with...I'm really grateful to have had the surgery done..... so much rambling ....sorry about that take care... BEv

nancy6
on 6/7/08 3:07 am - Tacoma, WA
Hey, Bev - You are doing great, too!!  Having those labs come back with good numbers and having dropped pounds and inches - not to mention feeling so much better than you were for a while...  Definitely big successes!!!  Keep up the great work!

~Nancy~

Shelley S.
on 6/7/08 9:53 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Nancy girl, I am so happy for you, you look amazing, your pics do you no justice!  And you better wear shorts girl, no reason not to AND you got a hot tan to show off

nancy6
on 6/8/08 11:03 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Shelley!!  It's so fun to see how well everyone is doing - and will be great to get together in July, too!!  Hopefully see you at one of the support groups between now and then...

~Nancy~

kittykatzmom
on 6/8/08 8:51 am - Mason co., WA
Congrats Nancy you are doing awesome, keep it up,

~Cindy~

Most Active