Learning my way around

Amanda S.
on 6/3/08 9:43 am - shelley, ID
Hi everyone,  I live near I-5 exit 118 or 119. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where some basic things are and off what exits? I have no sense of direction and the only way for me to learn is to kind of get in the car alone and wing it. Having a general sense of where I'm going would really help.  I'm just looking for basic things like walmart, a drugstore, maybe a bookstore, health store things like that. ANything you could provide would really help! Thanks

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

jillianD
on 6/3/08 12:32 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Go south and get off on exit 111 thrn left and there is a super walmart, drugstores etc. exit109 turn left and there is a movie theatre, turn right and there is a safeways (grocery) vitamin supp store, K-mart etc. Anything you want girl you got it!!  Once you get comfortable let me know and I will give you directions to trader joes!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Brandy L.
on 6/3/08 4:09 pm - Baudour , Belgium
Well it looks like Jill just gave you all the directions I was going to give you. It is so quick and easy and less traffic going south than if you go up North to Tacoma. Plus none of the other Wal-Marts are that quickly off of the I-5.  Glad you made it here and if you want to know where some malls are let me know. I so have those covered! Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Amanda S.
on 6/4/08 1:03 am - shelley, ID
Thanks guys that really helps alot! I'm so bad I haven't quite figured out how to get out of my own neighborhood yet LOL.  Sure I'd love to know how to get to the mall!

Amanda
260/241/134/200

Christine439
on 6/4/08 6:18 am

Welcome, Amanda!!     Finding your way out of Dupont isn't that easy. I've been turned around there too many times.    You can also go north on I-5 and get off at the Bridgeport Way exit (maybe 5-10 minutes, turn left (McChord Air Force Base is to the right) and down that you will come to the Lakewood Towne Center on your left which has Target, Old Navy, Michaels, Marshalls, and other stores. Behind Target is the movie theater and Barnes and Noble.     Just before Lakewood Towne Center on the right is Super Supplements. Much much further out on Bridgeport Way is Trader Joes.  Maybe you could get the citizens of Dupont to advocate for a Trader Joes! Dupont needs a grocery store.    I live on Fort Lewis; it takes me less than 15 minutes to get to the Towne Center. Christine

Amanda S.
on 6/4/08 11:08 am - shelley, ID
Wow, thank you so much!

Amanda
260/241/134/200

Helen_Anne
on 6/6/08 2:22 am - Bremerton, WA
Amanda.... Let me know when you get really brave... and I will give you directions to get to seattle... which may be easier if you take a bus from Tacoma...or Federal Way.... so you don't need to find/pay for parking. I can take you on a mini tour of Seattle... Pike Place Marke****er Front, Pacific Place Mall and all the other stores. Helen
Most Active