Support Groups in Fed Way or @ UWMC

sunnyinseattle1
on 6/2/08 2:44 pm
Hi all. I would like to find a support group to go to. I live in Federal Way. I am going to the UWMC-Seattle for my surgery. I did receive a flyer for the U's group, but I cant find my binder ( I recently moved).   With gas prices the way they are, I would perfer not to drive all the way to the UW. So I am looking here. Basically , other people that are or have gone thru the process at UWMC-Seattle.    I go to my next set of appts on 6/23 (social worker and dietitian). I was given my binder (by nurse practioner) at my intitial consultation. I am hoping to get a nurse prac. appt that is relatively soon afcter 6/23.  The nurse practioner made a point to come out and greet my husband and I. She seems "spot on".  But the UW is notorious for dragging you along!!!   Is anyone at this point in there journey? 

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 6/3/08 5:27 am - WA
I host a support Group in Auburn, our next meeting is June 10th. at 6:30 pm. We are having a guest speaker, Sherri Mc Kay  (Natural Health Seminar) We also always do taste testing. Come join us! Call for directions (253) 939-8865  Merrilou
Shelly W.
on 6/3/08 7:53 am - Sumner, WA
Here is a link to a bypass support group in Federal Way that is open to the public.  I would double check with them on a date for June since I didn't see one on the schedule until July.  I don't know how often that page is updated.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/showeventinfo.php?E vent_ID=1201901802
--Shelly

sunnyinseattle1
on 6/3/08 3:52 pm
Thanks.
sweetkathleen
on 6/4/08 2:03 am - Seattle, WA
I am going through the UWMC. I already had my seminar, my social worker and dietitian appointment. I am now waiting on an appointment with the nurse practioner. I have also been to one of the UWMC support group. The people are very nice and I plan on going to the one this month. Kathleen
Cynthia H.
on 6/4/08 9:08 am - Renton, WA
Three is actually a mixed support group meeting tonight in Federal Way.  We usually meet by surgical method, but Dr. Srikanth is the guest speaker tonight, so we're all meeting together.  If you want to come, I'm sure that you can get the info on your groups next meeting. We will meet across the hall from Dr. Srikanth's office at St. Francis at 6:00.  It's in the building right across the entryway from the hospital (I don't remember the name of the building). Hope to see you there.

Cindy  

Most Active