Sad update...and Annie really needs prayers

grandmabev47
on 6/3/08 9:12 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
Dear Annie, I'm glad to hear that your grandpa is doing some better...thats really great....I know how relieved your family is.....I know you talked to Brandy on line while I was on the phone with her and you know how I am.....I think things are looking up...all my labs were fine I'm pleased....you take care see ou soon I hope... Bev

S Andrews
on 6/3/08 4:40 pm - eatonville, WA
Bev, It's so good to see you posting and doing so well. I don't post very often but follow everyones journey by reading the posts every night. I'm glad your doing better. I am still in the process of trying to get a revision. I didn't have very favorable results with Madigan so am seeing Dr Oh the end of the month. I think Madigan is great for the first time  but when it comes to having to be redone I wasn't to impressed( and I do love it out there!)Wishing you the best! Sharon
Annie B.
on 6/2/08 1:37 pm, edited 6/2/08 1:38 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I want to respond to each of you individually, but I'm just so tired right now...I am at home now...my grandpa is slowly making some improvements!!  How great is that!!?  Now, he's still in a very fragile state right now, but things are getting a little better.   Things can still go either way at this point, but things are looking more hopeful.  They have taken him off of the heart medications - and he's holding his own right now - they had him on dopamine to increase his bloodpressure and they had him on something else to decrease his heart rate...both are no longer being pumped into him!! YAY!  Also, he has taken some breaths on his own at this point.  From what I understand, they are not functional breaths, but he's making the effort.   He has been trying to communicate with us for a bit, and today was the first time he was able to point to the alphabet chart to spell out what he wanted to tell us!!  He told us he couldn't hear us very well - but when my uncle told him that he'd go get his hearing aids, grandpa told him no.  That's my grandpa!   The next couple of questions were kind of shocking - he asked "Am I alive?" and then "Can I live without the machines?"  The questions were answered honestly - that right now, No, he cannot, but they are getting him to the point so he can.   Before I left today, I went in and talked to him.  I told him I'd be back on Saturday to see him.  I told him I loved him, and he nodded yes to me.  I also held his hand and he squeezed it.  I will be calling tomorrow morning to see if the doctors have any new information.   He is still in what they call the critical care unit (basically ICU).  He still needs lots of prayer, and I would appreciate it it you could continue to pray for him.  And for all of us. *hugs* ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Shelly W.
on 6/3/08 7:42 am - Sumner, WA
You got it Annie.  So glad to hear he's making progress.
--Shelly

S Andrews
on 6/3/08 4:44 pm - eatonville, WA
Annie, I'm so sorry to hear that your grandfather is ill but it sounds like things might be turning around for him and thats wonderful news. Just make sure you take care of yourself too during this stressful time. You will both be in my prayers. Hugs Sharon
Helen_Anne
on 6/6/08 2:10 am - Bremerton, WA
Annie... I am keeping your grandfather in my prayers... and I am so glad that he is starting to feel better. I will keep your whole family in my prayers!  And I sending you a big hug! Helen
Most Active