Sad update...and Annie really needs prayers

Brandy L.
on 6/1/08 3:50 pm - Baudour , Belgium
I recieved a text message from Annie this evening. She asked me to post an update for everyone. Annie's grandfather is on a ventilator, is suffering from prostate cancer which has spread to his stomach and possibly his lungs. Also suffering from pnuemonia, and fibrotic lung disease. She said they aren't sure how much longer he will live. She is down in Oregan right now at her grandparents house.  I asked her how she was doing, and she said not so great, but that she is just trying to stay strong for her grandmother's sake. So ladies... please pray for peace, comfort, and healing for Annie and her family.  Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Starting Over
on 6/1/08 4:45 pm
Thanks for the update Brandy! Poor Annie. Things don't always go the way that we hope, but atleast she's able to be with her family right now. I also know that she'll be happy to know that we're all supporting her during this time. I'm actually going to be down her way at the end of the week so if she's still down there I'll try to stop by for support.
Shelley S.
on 6/1/08 11:31 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Oh no, poor Annie and family.  Thanks for the update Brandy and prayers going up for her and her family.

jillianD
on 6/2/08 12:17 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Geez thats hard!  I hope that everyone can find some comfort that they are all togther.  If you talk to Annie again tell her we all love her!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

grandmabev47
on 6/2/08 1:42 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
DEar Annie, I'm so sorry to hear about you grandfather it's so hard watching people we love at the end of their life here on earth.....just remember how much love there is around you and your family....and all the arms that encircle you and your family...and we are with you in our thoughts and prayers....Bev

Annie B.
on 6/2/08 2:29 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with

Thank you Brandy for posting.  It's been hard here.  We don't know what's going to happen.  I found a computer at the hospital that's for public use - which is nice.   We talked to the doctor this morning.  The situation is very fragile right now.  They think my grandpa might have an infection - some sort of septic infection - which can be deadly.  Though they are treating it. 

Right now, they are trying to wean him off of the dopamine, which has been used to keep his blood pressure up - it was deathly low.  The problem with that is that it increases his heartrate.  He has had some tachacardia - which means a very rapid pulse rate...I guess last night at times it was up to almost 200.  This is not good.   Anyway, I'll be back up there tonight at some point...but I'll be coming back to Astoria this weekend for sure.  And Adam is going to let work know that if something changes for the worse, I'll be down here again in a heartbeat - and Adam will have to leave work.    Anyway, I'm going to get off of here...thank you for all of your prayers and support.  My aunt is flying in from Finland tomorrow night...and my biggest concern is for her to be able to see him...that nothing happens until she gets to spend some time with her dad. I will keep you updated as I know more...we'll be talking with the doctor this afternoon probably.

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

nancy6
on 6/3/08 2:49 pm - Tacoma, WA
Annie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather.  It's never easy to see a loved one going through such hard times, especially knowing that the outcome may not be what you would like.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your extended family - as well as with the doctors who are treating your grandfather.  May you and your family find peace in this difficult situation.  Just know that others care...

~Nancy~

Hislady
on 6/2/08 5:55 am - Vancouver, WA
My prayers are with you and your family. I'm so glad you all have each other to lean on, it really helps!
Christine439
on 6/2/08 8:16 am
Annie,      My prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time. Christine
lizzybear
on 6/2/08 12:51 pm - Olympia, WA
Annie, my prayers are with all of you.  I hope your aunt gets to spend some time with her dad!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active