OT (sort of) VENT

Shelley S.
on 5/29/08 2:31 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Ok so I thought I would be a smarty pants and go to my own clinic (Okubo-North Fort Lewis) where they have a lab that will take blood.  I get there just a touch before 7am (they begin at 6:30) and by 9 I had only moved up one spot.  Apparently there was a UA or something of some civilian workers going on and they had priority.  Now mind you I'm fasting for this, only water since I got up, but by 9 I am really getting hungry because it's past the time I would have either had a shake or eaten.  I finally got fed up and went and got my ID card and said forget it for today.  I am hoping when I go tomorrow to the hospital it's enough time for the results to get back before my appointment on Wednesday. Thanks for letting me vent, and to think I got up EARLY for that  lol

Annie B.
on 5/29/08 3:34 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Ugh!  I'm sorry...when I went to do bloodwork at Madigan - I got there at 7:30 (they opened at 7), and I was home a couple minutes after 8am...so they do pretty well there...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 5/29/08 11:03 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well you both are doing better than me.  I still have to call to get my labs drawn.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

grandmabev47
on 5/30/08 1:02 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
I got my labs drawn on tues and before I had sat down they had called my number! I thought that was amazing.....plus they got the blood on the first stick.....maybe it was the 47 pds I've lost and they can find the veins easy.....whatever it works for me.....take care....Bev

jillianD
on 5/30/08 1:14 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ok I called and got them to put my labs in!  I'll get the blood draw thurs before support group starts, or do you have to fast?  If you do I'll have to go wed morn, I have an extra day off next week.  I was gonna ask but the guy I was talking to on the phone was a jerk!!  Not my fault he was talking on a crappy phone and couldn't hear me!   grr....

Shelley S.
on 5/30/08 1:20 am - Ft Lewis, WA
WOOHOO went this morning, was there right before 7am, was out by 7:30, I'll never doubt the lab again  lol. And yep Jill, they asked if I was fasting so you might want to go in the AM.

jillianD
on 5/30/08 7:39 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ok then I'll have to go wed morning, I was hoping I could save a trip out to the base.  Gas is getting expensive!!

Shelley S.
on 5/30/08 7:42 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Girl, it'**** 3.99 here on post

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/30/08 12:51 pm - Buckley, WA
That shows the difference in surgeons or labs . I get my labs done at St. Francis & I don't have to fast . Thank goodness , because sometimes there's a wait . Kathy

Shelley S.
on 5/30/08 1:17 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
That's cool you don't have to for sure, because almost anywhere has potential to be a wait of some kind.  Thankfully mine this morning went very smooth and was in and out quickly.  Thankfully I get up very early so it's easy for me to be at the place when it opens.

Most Active