First visit with surgeon

Lisa B.
on 5/27/08 2:38 pm - Bremerton, WA

I have my first visit with Dr. Rush on Monday. How much time should I allow for this visit and what can I expect? I have lready picked up my file from the case manager at Bremerton.

Thanks...

lisa..

Annie B.
on 5/27/08 2:57 pm, edited 5/27/08 2:57 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
If it's not one of the first couple of appts in the AM, you will generally have a bit of a wait - make sure you bring something to read!  And from what I have notice, the later in the afternoon your appt is, the longer the wait will be...Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes!!  You should get a date!! Woo-Hoo!!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 5/28/08 12:14 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yep if you are later in the afternoon allow yourself several hours.  Your appt will actually only last 15-20 min.  The Dr. will examin your stomach and answer any questions you have.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Lisa B.
on 5/28/08 12:36 am - Bremerton, WA
I have a 9:30 appointment, I will leave here between 7:30 and 8:00. I have to drop off my son and an exchange student st school before I can head down that way. I never know how traffic is going to be so I alwys leave way earlier then I need to. I will have a book with me. lisa..
jillianD
on 5/28/08 12:52 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ohh pack a bottle of water too.  If there are any other WSL patients there and they know why your are there they will ask where your water is.  LOL  Its all about living your new lifestyle.  The first few months its very easy to get dehydrated, so its good to practice having a water with you all the time.  The Dr.s like to see it to.  Let us know how it goes!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Lisa B.
on 5/28/08 6:25 am - Bremerton, WA
Thanks for the tip, I will bring one along. I'll keep you all posted on how my visit goes. lisa
kittykatzmom
on 5/28/08 2:25 am - Mason co., WA
I too had Dr. Rush, Be prepared, he is straight to the point, does not smile if at all,  But I think he is great. You will prob. also see one of his asst. all very pleasant.  Good luck and let us know your date.  Are you going to support on Tues.?

~Cindy~

auntie-boopee
on 5/28/08 6:06 am - Silverdale, WA

Congrats Lisa....you have crossed over the mountain top and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  How many times did you meet with the Nut...I meet with her for the 3rd time next week.  Who is your case manager?  Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going.  Hope to see you at group next Tuesday!

Karen

Lisa B.
on 5/28/08 6:20 am - Bremerton, WA
I met with Gail 4 times before she signed me off. I started off with Susan and wasn't comfortable with her so I switched to Gail. She was easy to talk to. Elaine is my case manager, she wasn't there when I stopped by to get my file yesterday, but Janet was able to get it for me. I will see you at group on Tuesday. lisa
Most Active