Dr. Myur Srikanth, Federal Way WA and DS

Mdae
on 5/27/08 12:25 pm
does anyone have experience with this surgeon having done the DS?  (on another note - where is the 'lightweight board' i keep hearing about?)
Mola
on 5/28/08 5:54 am, edited 5/28/08 5:56 am - WA
When I first started looking into DS, I went to Dr. Srikanth. I asked about his history of DS procedures and he had quite a few under his belt, along with working with a well known DS surgeon. His office was very nice and accommodating with me. When I told him that my insurance was BCBS of CA, he very flatly stated, "They won't cover DS."  and that was the last I heard from him or his staff. I was very disappointed. 6 months later, I went to Dr. Oh and was approved for open DS, which was performed on 5/15. BTW, Dr. Oh also said that BCBS would not approve the surgery, but his staff kept working on my case until it was approved. Good luck with your search. ETA: Here's a link to the lightweights forum, http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/
VickiStevens
on 5/28/08 1:04 pm - Tacoma, WA
Dr. Srikanth is my surgeon.  I am a band patient, but I can tell you he is very well versed in the DS.  He began doing the DS years ago in the LA area - it was his first weight loss surgery.  He trained under Dr. Gary Anthone (spelling?) who is considered one of the best. Srikanth just opened his own practice about a yearand a half ago - prior to that he was affiliated with another office.  As with any new practice, there were some issues in the stand up process.  That may be what happened to the other patient who posted.  I believe those issues have been worked through. Good luck with your surgery!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Mola
on 5/29/08 4:14 am - WA
That's it! Dr. Anthone is who he worked with. Thanks for filling that information in. I would have stayed with Dr. Srikanth because I liked his personality and felt he had the expertise to stand on, but I felt as though I had become invisible when he heard who my insurance was.
Mdae
on 5/29/08 4:24 am
ah, that sucks.  well maybe i'll just have to tell him how it's gonna be! 
Most Active