Support Groups

Jillybean25
on 5/27/08 4:17 am
I noticed that there are several of you on here from around where I live.  I live in the Graham (Puyallup) area.  I am looking for a support group that is not too far away.  Do you have a regular meeting place around Tacoma or do you just get together where ever?
Shelley S.
on 5/27/08 4:58 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there! There is a meeting for all surgery types once a month very close to you.  It meets in Tacoma, off of 512 on Canyon Road.  Here is a link to the group, it's run by our own Susan (susu) and it's very interesting and there is a lot of support there. Thru Thick N Thin We would love to see you there! Also, Vitalady has meetings at her place as well, but I apologize in advance for not knowing the details of her meetings.  You may be able to email her from her website, vitalady.com and ask her as well.  She's in Puyallup.

Annie B.
on 5/27/08 5:09 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Vitalady's group meets in puyallup - not too far from Costco - on the 2nd Tuesday and Wednesday of the month at 7pm.  I've been many times...I really like her group. And I can't wait to go to Thru Thick and Thin too!!  Susan is great.

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/27/08 8:13 am - WA
I host a Support Group Meeting Every month. Tuesday the 10th. of June is our next meeting. We are having a Natural Health Seminar (and taste testing), our speaker will be Sherri McKay. We start the meeting at 6:30 Call if would like to join us and I will give you directions. (253) 939-8865 Merrilou
nancy6
on 5/27/08 1:44 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi - I've been to all the support groups that were mentioned to you and love them all!!  They all offer something a little bit different, but are all great...  Personally I find that the more groups I'm involved in, the better for me.  I really like having the support and friendships that the groups offer - as well as the support and friendships on this site.   Vitalady's group will meet June 10 and June 11.  Because the Tuesday date always conflicts with Merrilou's group in Auburn, I go to Merrilou's group on Tuesday (which will be June 10) and then Vitalady's group on Wednesday (which will be June 11 - it ends up being two nights in a row, but I like them both).  Then Susan's group Thru Thick n Thin meets the 3rd Monday, which will be June 16.  Her group meets at the Summit branch of the library - just west of Canyon Road on 112th Street.  Vitalady is on 78th Avenue at about 120th Street (meeting is at her home, which is also her business). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.  Hope to see you at one of the groups!!  Don't hesitate to introduce yourself...  Take care...

~Nancy~

Most Active