looking for support group

mjsigner
on 5/22/08 10:55 am - WA
Hello,  I'm new to the boards, and had lapband surgery April 11th.  I'm looking for a support group that meets in coastal area.  I am in Seaview, also close to Long Beach, Ocean Park, Ilwaco, Chinook.   any help with groups in this area would be great.  thanks,
mjsigner
Annie B.
on 5/22/08 2:06 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hi there!  Sorry I can't help you with the support group thing, but just wanted to say WELCOME!! I hope you can find a group over there. ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

mjsigner
on 5/24/08 3:32 am - WA
Thanks for your support.   Just got my first fill, and am thinking i may need to go back don't feel restricted enough, but want to give it at least a couple of weeks before i go back.
mjsigner
VickiStevens
on 5/24/08 1:56 pm - Tacoma, WA
Welcome to the board.  I facilitate a support group for band patients, but it's in Federal Way so not close to where you are. It is likely you will need another fill.  I'm not familiar with your surgeon, but with most surgeons it is anywhere from 3-5 fills before you actually reach proper restriction.   Feel free to PM me with any questions, I have had the band for over five years so am pretty good at living with the band. Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
SANDIRAND
on 5/23/08 3:10 am - Centralia, WA

Welcome!  Can't help with the support group, but if I hear of one I'll let you know! Ask any question here while you are looking

Highest 242/Surgery 216/Current 172/Goal 150

Linda W.
on 5/26/08 4:21 am - Vancouver, WA
You might also check the Oregon forum. There may be something in the Astoria/Seaside area. Good luck!

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

Most Active