Let the countdown begin....

Amanda S.
on 5/15/08 3:03 am - shelley, ID

One week from today...at about this time, I will be getting in the car and heading in your direction. I can't wait!

I'm going to be traveling with myself, my friend, and my dog. I have a hyandai elantra so there won't be that much extra room in the car for food and stuff. Any high protein snack ideas for the trip? I won't have room for a huge cooler or anything. So far i've come up with..um... I think there was one thing.... oh ya protein bars. I'm trying to stay away from things with too many carbs though (which of course are the easiest to travel with!) because they make me sleepy.   I'm so excited!

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

Shelley S.
on 5/15/08 3:20 am - Ft Lewis, WA
WOOHOO we can't wait to meet you. When I travel this summer I plan on taking some protein bars, some almonds (for salty taste), some cheese sticks in the cooler and then when we stop to eat, I will try and get some baked or grilled chicken choice or if it's like Subway, I'll eat the guts of the sandwich.   Lots of crystal lite if you like that. Hope you have a safe and uneventful trip

Amanda S.
on 5/15/08 3:38 am - shelley, ID
Good ideas thanks!  And yes key word UNEVENTFUL!!!! LOL I want to get from point A to point B with NO mishaps. lol

Amanda
260/241/134/200

jillianD
on 5/15/08 7:07 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Beef jerkey for sure.  Oh maybe soy chips. Don't forget a bowl for doggie water.  (I always forget that) And I always tape a piece of paper with your parents contact info, inside the dogs collar incase  they get lost.  That way if something happens and they get away someone will be able to find you.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Amanda S.
on 5/15/08 10:39 am - shelley, ID
*shudders at the thought of losing hazel*  Good idea, I will definately have to do that!

Amanda
260/241/134/200

Amanda S.
on 5/15/08 10:41 am - shelley, ID
Helen_Anne
on 5/15/08 9:40 am - Bremerton, WA
Amanda... I am so excited for you... I loved my cross country trip a few years back with a friend... but I have to confess... I started Seattle ended in Winconsin... but we share the trip with my friends cat... *****ally did not prefer the car... or the hotels... or her carrier... need I go on..... Helen
Amanda S.
on 5/15/08 10:45 am - shelley, ID
LOL I hope hazel doesn't drive me bonkers.... even worse would be if my friend that's driving with me drove me crazy. LOL

Amanda
260/241/134/200

enchantedelirium
on 5/15/08 10:43 am - Dupont (Ft. Lewis), WA
RNY on 04/14/08 with
YAY! im excited too!  have a great trip & we'll see ya when you get here! ~Randi
Amanda S.
on 5/15/08 10:46 am - shelley, ID
Thanks!

Amanda
260/241/134/200

Most Active