my hair is falling out HELP!!

Colleen M.
on 5/11/08 9:46 am - Port Angeles, WA
I am doing something wrong. The last month my hair has been falling out and now I am about bald above my ears (temple area). I am eating as much protien as I can (maybe not). I just found out I am alergic to eggs so can't have them anymore.. I am eating chicken and cottage cheese and cheese sticks. Don't know what else to eat.. Help and help would be appreciated! I do have a protien powder but it isnt very tastey.. eeww
keep on Smiling!
jillianD
on 5/11/08 11:11 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Lots of people lose hair between 3-9 months out.  I personally don't think it has much to do with protein but the shock your body is going through.   Kinda like after you have a baby most women lose a lot of hair. Strat tracking your protein intake ( I use the daily plate.com)  that way you will know if you are eating enough protein.  My dr says at min 80 grams. Others swear by Biotin pills  that you get in the suppliments section for encouraging regrowth. Don't worry it will stop and then grow back.  Maybe its time to try that kicky new little short hair cut?
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Colleen M.
on 5/11/08 11:16 am - Port Angeles, WA

whew, ok I think I will try that daily plate.com,its worth a try to see what I am actually eating. Thanks for the help, ur a peach.

keep on Smiling!
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/12/08 6:24 am - WA
Talk with your Dr. I would bet he will tell you to try and get more protein drinks in! It helped me! Hang in there. Merrilou
Most Active