May 13 , 14 & 15th at Vitalady's

Shelley S.
on 5/11/08 11:36 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Sounds like a plan Jill, anytime you want to go I'm in

Brandy L.
on 5/11/08 2:00 am - Baudour , Belgium
I sooo want to go..but I work all week long 10-5 and Chelsea will be in daycare all day and to put her back in daycare kills me. I will have to see what I can figure out...becuase I would love to go to one. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/08 3:26 am - Buckley, WA
Brandy , I sympathize , for sure . I'm raising my grandkids . Their dad is doing well but will never be able to take care of them full time as far as I can see . They are both special needs . He watches them on saturday & as needed , as I don't use babysitters , other than regular daycare . But , he works part time in the evening (on call) . He is going to school full time during the day . I have missed a couple of meetings because of that . It's tough when you have kids . Kathy

Brandy L.
on 5/11/08 3:31 am - Baudour , Belgium
I am so ready for this deployment to be over with!!!! It is so hard to do anything in the evening without my husband home!  And yes it is tough when you have kids. The life of a military wife can be a very hard life but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I love my husband sooo much! Brandy

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/08 3:47 am - Buckley, WA
Brandy , I feel so bad for the wives of deployed GI's . I'm a military brat & I marvel at how well my mom did . No wonder she ended up being so independant . She had no choice . My son was in the Army & stationed in Korea , in the DMZ zone , during 9-11 . They didn't even tell them . he didn't find out until he talked to me on the phone a couple of  days later . They probably didn't want them freaking out . It's a special kind of life . You're basically a nomad , expected to uproot every few years & relocate in a totally foreign place . I have so much appreciation for our GI's & their families . xoxox Kathy

Brandy L.
on 5/11/08 7:17 am - Baudour , Belgium
Kathy, I tell you I have definately had my share of tough times with deployments. This is my hubbys third deployment and out of the last 36 months he has only been home for 6 months. I am very much into supporting other spouses and I do a lot of volunteer work. In fact while I was visiting my sister in Oklahoma, a National Guard units Family Readiness Group was having a spagetti supper. I made my sister and her kids go with me to support them. I didn't eat the spagetti but did have a nice small salad!  I have learned alot from being a military spouses. And I just want to share my experiences with others, both good and bad. I suffered from depression during his first deployment but was able to overcome it and become a very strong person and a huge advocate for depression in military spouses during deployments. XOXOXO Brandy

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/08 3:39 am - Buckley, WA
It's too bad about the Lap Band meetings , but I think everyone is pretty respectful of the different surgery types , at the meetings . We're all in the same boat essentially . We just have slightly different needs .  * I'll be going Wednesday , afterall . By the way , I am aweful at names , so I hope no one gets offended . I'd like to blame it on being peri-menopausal , but i've always been that way . lol .  Kathy

Shelley S.
on 5/11/08 6:02 am - Ft Lewis, WA
OMG Brandy I just peeked at your new pics, you look AMAZING girl!!!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/08 6:09 am - Buckley, WA
Shelley , to say something to Brandy in a thread that she didn't start , you need to click reply in her box . Otherwise the thread starter (me) gets the email that there's been a response . Brandy might not see your lovely comment about her .  Kathy

Brandy L.
on 5/11/08 7:10 am - Baudour , Belgium
Shelley, Thank you! I finally got to go out for a few hours with my older sister! I felt beautiful for a night all dressed up! I just had to share the photos with everyone! Thank you! And I can't wait to see you and all the other ladies! Brandy

Most Active