Support group near Olympia for DS

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/9/08 3:52 pm
Hi, I'd like to find a support group for WLS patients in or within driving distance of Olympia that a DS person can go to. I found a group of banders here, but they said no DSer's . An RNY group would probably be close enough (assuming they accept DSer's) since it's more similar than the band, so there could be some common information. I'm 3 months post op, and would be interested in starting a group if there are other WLS people near here with no support group either. Deanne
jillianD
on 5/10/08 1:46 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi I remember you! What about vitalady's support group?  I know its in puyallup (sorry the spelling is escaping me at the moment) but I know she works with lots of DS'ers, as far a vits go and stuff.  I've been thinkin about going out there myself to try some of her proteins.   Good luck!!  I would go to a support group in Oly, I could only go about once a month though.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/10/08 8:33 am
I've seen so many posts and information shared by vitalady, and I had no idea she was almost local. I even ordered vitamins from her online and was oblivious to their shipping origin, I may try to get to Puyallup, but like you, I can only fit in  about one meeting a month. Thanks for filling me in! Deanne
Shelley S.
on 5/10/08 2:39 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there! I don't know if you would be interested in driving up north just a touch, but Susan has a support group that meets once a month in Tacoma (just off the 512) and it's open to all types of surgery.  A link to her online group here is Through Thick and Thin

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/10/08 8:38 am
Thank you for the link, I'm going to look into it. I've seen so many OH posts from people at Ft Lewis and Dupont, that I knew there must be a group near here. Figures they head towards Tacoma instead of Olympia but I can handle a half hour drive to get to a group, particularly if I only go once a month. Thank you so much for the link! Deanne
Shelley S.
on 5/10/08 9:00 am - Ft Lewis, WA
You are very welcome, hope to see you there

Most Active