Vancouver area support group

Linda W.
on 5/9/08 2:56 am - Vancouver, WA

I am looking for both pre & post op support groups in the Vancouver area. Anybody know of one. I am having surgery in Oregon but live in Vancouver. Thanks for the help!

Happy Friday & Happy Mom's Day!

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

jillianD
on 5/9/08 5:45 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I don't know of any.  You might try the oregon board, and you always have us!! Good luck!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Linda W.
on 5/9/08 5:52 am - Vancouver, WA

Jillian! Thanks, I think I will stick around here.

Linda

jillianD
on 5/9/08 6:15 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well you will be more than welcome here.  As a matter of fact we are having a get togther in  Gig harbor in July.  Maybe you will feel like attending!

Linda W.
on 5/9/08 6:24 am - Vancouver, WA
Thanks so much for the invitation! I am hoping to have my surgery in July, but give me the date & I will put it on my calendar. I love that area, camp there frequently.

Linda

jillianD
on 5/9/08 6:29 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

lorisb
on 5/9/08 12:06 pm - Vancouver, WA
There's a support group at SW Washington MC.  I don't go to any support groups.  I do periodically meet up with the Portland people for breakfast, though.  Anyway, here's what SWMC has to say: Here's a summary of what they say:

Post-op Gastric Bypass Support Group

Free - no registration required. Meets 3rd Wednesday each month in the Health Education Center, 92nd Avenue. Education and support for those who have had gastric bypass surgery to help reach and maintain optimum weight loss. 6:45 pm clothing exchange begins.

For information, call 360.514.2500, select Option 1

Post-op LAP-BAND® Support Group

Free- no registration required. Meets 4th Wednesday each month in Southwest Specialty Clinics, 8716 E Mill Plain Blvd. Education and support for those who have had LAP-BAND® surgery to help reach and maintain optimun weight loss.

For information, call 360.514.2500, select Option 1

Linda W.
on 5/9/08 1:14 pm - Vancouver, WA
thanks

Linda

podunker
on 5/9/08 1:27 pm - Washougal, WA
I go to the lap band support group and they are just awesome people. Also went to the RNY one for awhile cause wasn't sure which surgery I was going with and they too are a great group. I'm sure you'll enjoy either one.
classite
on 5/20/08 7:34 pm - Battle Ground, WA

Hi there, we are meeting tonight for RNY patient's.  It is a post op support group meeting but all are welcome.  Starts at 7:00 at Southwest Washington Medical Center in the Education Center classrooms 3&4.  Hope to see you there.

Cheryl

Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Most Active