HELP!!! I Need a Group Health Bariatric Shrink!

Fuzzywuzzy
on 5/7/08 1:51 am - tukwila, WA
Hi Ladies and Gents, OK.. Here's the Deal.. i checked out a shrink ( Psycologist?) outside of group health and although my insurance covers 80 % I have to pay UP FRONT.. AND i have to Bill my insurance company.. which could take up to 2 months to get a check from.. THIS IS NOT GOOD! I cant afford to do this but i Desperately need to get the help that i'm looking for..  This is what i need from YALL! I need to find a Psycologist.. that falls under the Group Health Insurance umberella.. GHC is in the State of Washington.. but i live in the Seattle area..  If i fail ti find a Psycologist that is Bariatric oriented to help me with my issues then I will have to pay 150 UP FRONT each time i have to see my psycologist.. and then wait 2 months for a reimbursement.. and at that.. there is no guarontee that they will refund the full 80 percent depending on how she codes it.. GEEZ!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Brightest blessings! one day i'll be a muscle Bear!

jillianD
on 5/7/08 7:51 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Glad you posted over here Fuzzy!!  Now here is lets hoping someone will have an answer!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

bombshellintraining
on 5/8/08 2:45 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hey Fuzzy -  If you find a good one, would you please let me know? I started with a GH therapist presurgically, but she doesn't specialize in bariatric/eating disorders, so she's not a great fit... obviously the choices are very limited within GHC.

Shari M.

Amberbear31
on 5/9/08 7:59 am - Federal Way, WA
I don't know if this will help you, but I take my patient to Group Health Seattle and there I saw a poster for Bariatric support group through GH... I'm sure if you call the Seattle campus they can help
Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
Sleeve gastrectomy 6/27/11
Most Active