Speaking of get-togethers....

jillianD
on 5/8/08 6:39 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Aww I'm sorry to hear that.  I bet you are tired of the liquids!  Whats going on?  Hope you feel better soon!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

kittykatzmom
on 5/8/08 6:41 am - Mason co., WA
getting dehydrated, no bm's, and just feeling week and light headed, so unless I want to go get IV's I am back to clear liquids until I see Dr, Rush on Monday.

~Cindy~

jillianD
on 5/8/08 6:44 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ya know Cindy when I was feeling weak and light headed sometimes it helped to have some really watered down juice, like apple.  I only needed it for a few weeks and don't have it at all now.  sometimes I think we just need to add in some calories to feel better. Take care!!

kittykatzmom
on 5/10/08 1:37 pm - Mason co., WA
Thanks for the apple juice idea. Dr. Rush called me and had me go in yesterday, he was very concerned, I will have another CT scan on Friday, and he ok'd me for regular foods, as tolerated, and said that food is also very important and to try and push the fluids, as of today, I'm still only getting about 20 oz of fluids, its harder than food.  How are you doing?

~Cindy~

jillianD
on 5/10/08 4:13 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I'm good Cindy but I am concerned about you.  Get some low cal gatorade or propel and a egg timer.  Every 15 min you need to sip 1 oz of water.  If you do that consistantly for several hours and it will bring up your fluid intake.  I remember hot peppermint tea as going down real well to.  Seemed that the warmth relaxed everything. Espically first thing in the morning.  Suger free popcicles count as water too!! The whole drinking thing does get easier, right around 8 weeks I noticed I could take more than 2-3 sips at a time.  Now I can take 3-4 gulps.  Keep the faith!

nancy6
on 5/9/08 2:17 am - Tacoma, WA
Cindy - I'm so sorry to hear you've had another setback...  But hang in there!!  (As if you have a choice, right?!?!)  It will get better...  Hopefully the clear liquids will help get your body back on track.  Take care!

~Nancy~

kittykatzmom
on 5/10/08 1:40 pm - Mason co., WA
Thanks Nancy for the encouragement, Dr. Rush had me come see him yesterday insted of waiting til Mon.  He released me on full foods, as tolerated. and said to try and push the liquids as much as possible. So I'm trying.  By the way you look great!!!!

~Cindy~

nancy6
on 5/11/08 2:11 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Cindy!  I'm glad that the dr. had you come in earlier than planned - it's awful to be sitting home, not feeling well and having to wait for a dr. appt.  I hoipe you are able to tolerate the soft foods better now and that you're able to get as much liquid in, too!  It will get better!!  :)  Take care...

~Nancy~

Most Active