Speaking of get-togethers....

Annie B.
on 5/6/08 1:03 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Any suggestions on where we should get together? 

Hopefully it will be a nice day...and maybe Fran will feel up to joining us by then!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Helen_Anne
on 5/6/08 4:34 am - Bremerton, WA
I Googled parks in Lakewood and found this one... Not sure I need to see view of Western State Hospital... but it would be nice to see Puget Sound.... I like the comment about the "expansive and scenic trail system traversing through woods and hills, looping around Waughop Lake" Has anyone been here? Helen Here is the site for all the parks... http://www.cityoflakewood.us/index.php?option=com_content&ta sk=view&id=171&Itemid=187

Fort Steilacoom Park

Steilacoom Blvd. and Elwood Drive SW

8200-87th Avenue SW

At 340 acres, Fort Steilacoom Park is the largest park in Lakewood and provides a diverse mix of active and passive recreation. It features an expansive and scenic trail system traversing through woods and hills, looping around Waughop Lake, connecting to the Pierce College campus, and offering impressive views of the Puget Sound and Western State Hospital.

This regional park has four developed baseball fields. The park also offers a number of partially developed softball and soccer fields and some playground equipment. Fort Steilacoom Park is very popular with runners, walkers, bicycle riders, kite-flyers, bird-watchers, and picnickers. You are welcome to walk your dog at Fort Steilacoom Park and in any other park in Lakewood if you keep it on a leash at all times and observe litter laws.

nancy6
on 5/6/08 6:58 am - Tacoma, WA
Wish I could be there - but hubby and I already have tickets to the kayak symposium at Pt. Defiance for that whole day...  Hard to believe I'm planning on getting a kayak - couldn't have fit it one a few months ago!!!    Would love to get together with everyone, but can't do it on May 18.  Have a wonderful time and I'll look forward to the next one... 

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 5/6/08 3:36 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Nancy got any good ideas for parkage??  Also down here at Tugboat Annies they have kayak rentals, and you can paddle on the sound.  I've always thought that sounded so fun!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 5/7/08 1:37 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Jill - I haven't heard of Tugboat Annie's, but it would be fun to paddle the sound!  I've only paddled on lakes - and that was a few years ago!  But I'm really looking forward to getting into the sport again.  I love the water - sound, ocean, lakes, whatever.  And I've got hubby getting kind of excited about it, too... As far as parks go, there's a great park in Puyallup that would be fun for a future get together.  It's called Bradley Lake.  There is a walking trail around the lake, toys for the kids to play on, picnic area and lots of space.  I know most of the gals are in Lakewood, Dupont and points south, but if you ever want to meet a little bit north, Bradley Lake would be a great place!  I'm more familiar with Tacoma/Puyallup/Federal Way area than south of Tacoma... Wish I could come to the fun on the 18th - next time!!

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 5/7/08 2:46 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Tugboat Annies is great.  The have a pub style resturant on top and the rentals on the bottom.  They also have amazing halibut and chips and wonderful homemade clam chowder!  Not to mention that just walking around downtown is a lot of fun!

bombshellintraining
on 5/6/08 1:43 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Count me in! This will be my first get together (can I wear my bag?)

Shari M.

jillianD
on 5/6/08 3:34 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
No bags allowed!!  LOL  Someone might get the *WRONG* idea.   hee hee

jillianD
on 5/7/08 2:48 pm, edited 5/7/08 2:49 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
There is a nice park over by the mall its small but they have clean bathrooms, and some nice playground equipment.  Along with some picnic tables.  There is also American Lake park which is very nice and right in lakewood. Both have free parking

kittykatzmom
on 5/8/08 4:01 am - Mason co., WA
count me in, as long as I have no more set backs, Dr. put me back on liquids only  AGAIN!!!   UGH I'm getting tired of this.

~Cindy~

Most Active