Bloomsday!

Geminidream
on 5/4/08 12:42 pm - Spokane, WA
Yeah...my daughter and I finished Bloomsday (www.bloomsdayrun.org) with a better time than we did last year. (We hope...abt.2hrs 23 minutes this year) We got to meet up with Shell Mar from the WA State board and take some pre-race pictures. (she looks FANTASTIC!!!!) She and her husband finished a few minutes before us and we got a chance to say hi to them again when we were dropping off our ankle chips (to record time)...we all had a great time! The weather was spectacular and the crowd was HUGE! Bet it was more than 50,000 this year. I'll have to watch the news to see how many exactly. I'll get my time and race photos some time next week. Till then, time to get ready for work tomorrow and take some Tylenol for my poor achin' legs and feet. I'm going to try to get some photos uploaded tonight or tomorrow after work. As much fun as it was, I sure had a stressed out weekend and have to say I'm glad it is over. heehee It was SO WONDERFUL getting to do a fun event like this with my daughter. Hope everybody had a great Sunday. My eats haven't been recorded yet...mostly protein bars today and a big old nsa mocha/coffee smoothie I made after the race (which gave me a mini dump but was soooooo worth it!). Going to go to bed tonight sore and very tired but happy and filled with good exercise endorphins. Without weight loss I'd be very much on the sidelines for yet another Bloomsday, I so very much appreciate this great blessing. Molly, lovin' my RNY!

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
nancy6
on 5/4/08 1:30 pm - Tacoma, WA
WOOHOO!!  What an accomplishment!!  You and your daughter should be very proud of yourselves...  I think a nice massage in the next day or two would be a great way to celebrate!  It is a blessing to be able to be out among the active - rather than sitting on the sidelines.  Congratulations!!

~Nancy~

Geminidream
on 5/5/08 8:50 am - Spokane, WA
Thank you, Nancy!  We ARE proud of ourselves and so happy that we got to do it together.  I got race results in e-mail today and we were a whopping seven minutes faster than our last year's time.  LOL  And here we thought we shaved off a half hour at least. 

jillianD
on 5/4/08 2:00 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow I am in awe of you!  That is totally great and amazing!  I also agree with Nancy  a nice massage is definatly in order!   I can't wait till I am able to run!  I probaby won't want to but to  know I could.  BTW I love the new avie!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Geminidream
on 5/5/08 8:53 am - Spokane, WA
They had a booth in the park with foot massage for a reasonable rate but I can't imagine taking off hot, sweaty jogging shoes and having a stranger gag on the aroma.  LOL You may not enjoy running but it is so worth it to get those endorphins.  My New Year's resolution this year was to learn to like or love running and I'm still working on it.  When you are able to run you will feel so proud of yourself! Thank you for the avie comment...I am totally in love with our new kitties.

giver44
on 5/5/08 5:42 am - Post Falls, ID
  Good For You Molly!!!..  I don't know how you can stand the crowds... but I am so proud of you.. and be sure to bring some phots to group.. See you there... Alice
Geminidream
on 5/5/08 8:55 am - Spokane, WA
The crowds are just fine that day because everybody is in a great mood, there is fun music all along the way and the good spirits are just infectious.   I'll try to remember to wear my finishers shirt, at least it is a pretty shirt this year.  Last year's shirt was plain awful. See you at group!

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/5/08 11:47 am - Buckley, WA
What a wonderful accomplishement ! I can't even imagine . Congratulations . Kathy

Geminidream
on 5/6/08 1:25 pm - Spokane, WA

Kathy, Bloomsday really isn't that hard when you aren't hauling around a whole other person.   I think probably most of the thousands of people who do it (over 43,000 this year!) just walk it and don't jog.  Even just straight out walking at a comfortable pace you can do it in around 2- 2 1/2 hours and most of us can do that at least when we are shopping. haha  The feeling of accomplishment is priceless...getting a finisher's t-shirt is a nice bonus.   Thank you for the congratulations! Molly

Shell Marr
on 5/7/08 9:34 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
It was great seeing you again Molly!!  I posted more pics from BLoomsday and my time etc in my blog on my page!!
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

Most Active