Mexico

Artisticchyck
on 5/2/08 8:01 am - Marysville, WA
Lap Band on 06/23/08 with
Has anyone tried the clinics in Mexico?  My insurance has an obesity exclusion so I have been looking for other options.  I would still like to submit my claim and go through the appeals process if it's denied, but the facilitator at the surgeons office won't do it.  Regarding Mexico, I know the old saying, "If it sounds to good to be true....." but still........ Thanks, Deana
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/2/08 10:27 am - WA
I know some people who have gone to Mexico, They have a hard time finding a Dr. who will do follow-up when they get back. I would check into that with local Dr.s.
BebeZed
on 5/3/08 9:51 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Deana, My insurance also has an obesity exclusion so I, too, have been looking for other options. I have opted to go to Mexico for the surgery.  I've scheduled my Lap Band surgery for May 29th in Monterrey. Dr. Roberto Rumbaut is the surgeon. I've done quite a bit of research and everything checks out so far -- the doctor, the hospital, the quality of care, etc. The doctor's office sent a list of places for local follow-ups/fills... I will probably be going to Arlington for fills.  I appreciate your worries about going to Mexico. I've had them too. Do some research... LOTS of research ... and then come to your own conclusions.  I will certainly be posting more on this topic as I have my surgery and beyond. Good luck to you! -- Kathi
Shelley S.
on 5/3/08 9:55 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Good luck to you Kathi in your upcoming surgery

BebeZed
on 5/3/08 3:08 pm - Bellingham, WA
Thank you Shelley! I know in my heart that this is the right thing to do. It's not going to be easy, but almost nothing that's worth anything is easy...
Most Active