Moving from SC to WA

jillianD
on 5/1/08 12:40 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Welcome to Washington!  You will love the Pt. Angeles area and the Olympic national park is beautiful!  The lavender fields in the summer always amaze me. I'm military so I don't know about local surgeons but you can always take the ferry into Seattle if you find one you like there. Again welcome and keep posting !
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 5/1/08 1:43 am - Bremerton, WA
Val... Since someone talked about Dr Oh... who is in Federal Way... I would like to recommend Dr Hunter who is also in Federal Way... note Dr Hunter does all of his surgery in Seattle. You also may want to find out about the surgeons who do surgery in Edmonds... which would be about the same to get to ... if you drive to Kingston and take the ferry to Edmonds. There really isn't anyone who does surgery in Port Angeles or Bremerton or Port Townsand , the 3 closest hospitals to where you are moving. Helen
Annie B.
on 5/2/08 2:56 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I just have to say - how funny is that?  I'm moving from WA to SC LOL.  Where in SC are you at now?  My husband is military, and we're being transferred to Shaw AFB.

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

val_aiken
on 5/2/08 8:39 pm - Port Angeles, WA
I'm in Aiken, just on the Augusta Ga border.  I think Shaw AFB is near Charleston.  You will love the city.  Very historic.  Summers are hot and humid.  The rest of the year is very nice.  I have not worn a coat since I moved here 16 years ago.  I've been wearing shorts and tank tops since March and don't put jeans back on until October.  Good luck on your move Val
VickiStevens
on 5/2/08 3:03 pm - Tacoma, WA
My surgeon, Dr. Srikanth, is the most experienced band doctor in Washington - in fact, he was the first surgeon to place the band in the Northwest, back in the day... He is truly very good.  I have had my band for over 5 years and have lost 100% of my excess weight and maintained the weight loss.  His band patients average a 70% excess weight loss - one of the highest you will find. He is in Federal Way, WA and operates out of St. Francis.  He also operates out of Kirkland (I think it's Kirkland...) one day a week.   Good luck and welcome to Washington!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
val_aiken
on 5/2/08 8:33 pm - Port Angeles, WA
Thank you, I understand Port Angeles is beautiful.  .  I appreciate the recommendation Val
PinkFlamingoes
on 5/3/08 1:38 pm, edited 5/5/08 11:39 am - Buckley, WA

I'll chime in with everyone else . lol . Port Angelas is a wonderful town . It is very picturesque . You can also take the ferry to Victoria , Canada , which is absolutely beautiful . Welcome to Washington . Kathy

Cynthia H.
on 5/5/08 3:08 pm - Renton, WA
I also would recommend Dr. Srikanth.  He did my lapband in December.  I have nothing but good things to say about him and the follow up care I am receiving. He really cares about his patients and makes sure that you are a success.

Cindy  

Colleen M.
on 5/6/08 10:40 am - Port Angeles, WA
Welcome to Port Angeles, I live in Port Angeles also,so if you need a friend or just someone near to chat with let me know.. I had my gastric bypass in Nov 07. My surgeon was Dr Dellinger at University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle. He is a good Dr and very caring.
keep on Smiling!
Most Active