Moving from SC to WA

val_aiken
on 4/30/08 8:02 am - Port Angeles, WA

Hello everyone, I am usually on the lapband board.  I just found out my husband is being transfered from South Carolina to Port Angeles, WA.  I am pre op.  Can anyone recommend surgeons?  Can you tell me about the area Thanks, Val

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/30/08 8:39 am - WA
Welcome to Washington! I would recommend Dr. OH , He works at St. Francis Hospital In Federal Way. Port Angeles is a nice city and wouderful area , lots of out door activites,fishing, camping, hiking, hunting, sailing. Seattle is not too far if you like the big city. Merrilou
val_aiken
on 4/30/08 8:49 am - Port Angeles, WA
Thank you, since my husband either works for the Forest Service or Park service I am not much into big cities.  I do want to explore the market place that is in Seattle. Val
Helen_Anne
on 4/30/08 8:52 am - Bremerton, WA

Val... Welcome to Washington!!!  Will you be using Military MD?  If so ... this a great site for you... although I can't help you since I am non military.

My parents live in Port Angeles... it is beautiful there... Port Angeles is in a "sun belt"  so they get more sun! Helen

val_aiken
on 4/30/08 9:00 am - Port Angeles, WA
Hi Helen, we aren't military but we are Federal Civil Service.  My husband will be working on the Olympic National Park.   Val
nancy6
on 4/30/08 11:14 am - Tacoma, WA
So glad you posted on the Washington board...  Port Angeles is a very nice area and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.  I agree that Dr. Oh would be a great surgeon.  He did my RNY surgery in December.  It would be a bit of a drive for you as Pt. Angeles is a good 2 to 2-1/2 hours from Federal Way, where Dr. Oh's office is.  However, I don't know that you would find any surgeons up in the Port Angeles area anyway.  You would probably need to go to Seattle, Tacoma or Federal Way.  Wishing you the best as you get all packed and make the move.  Take care...

~Nancy~

podunker
on 4/30/08 2:36 pm - Washougal, WA

While I don't live in Port Angeles, my mom's family is all from there altho most have passed on now. I think it is just about the most beautiful place on earth, you can enjoy the mountains and the beach all in the same day if you want. It's a very special and wonderful area. Hope you enjoy it.

Amanda S.
on 4/30/08 8:49 pm - shelley, ID

HI,

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! When are you moving?

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

val_aiken
on 4/30/08 10:39 pm - Port Angeles, WA
The next four to six weeks.  IT is a easy move.  The relocation company sends in the movers. I have to laugh at my son (he is 29) not so upset that we are moving away but wanted to know if he could have the hot tub. Val
Amanda S.
on 4/30/08 11:16 pm - shelley, ID
You are lucky that is an easy move!  LOL about your son, I'd ask the same thing! LOL

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

Most Active