Support letter to Friends and Family

sweetkathleen
on 4/27/08 11:37 am - Seattle, WA
Hello Everyone - This week I am getting ready to go and see the social worker and nutristionist. I was sitting in church this morning thinking about it all. I started a little of a few friends that I want to give a letter to about the lap band surgery I will be having. I am basically looking for my friends and family prayers and support while I walk through this new journey I will be facing.  One of my ideas is that I will really need the support as I will be on a 1000 calorie diet for three weeks before the surgery. My question is- For those that already have the stomach surgery and have done a support letter...What sort of things do you talk about in the letter? What would you suggest I add in the letter? Thank you so much for your willingness to share some suggestions to me. Kathleen
Shelley S.
on 4/27/08 1:46 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
That's an excellent question! I didn't send out anything myself, but it's a good idea actually.  I would just put what's in your heart and that you would appreciate their support and you could even add in some places to find out more information about your type of surgery.  Tell them if they have any questions that you would be more than happy to either answer them or find out the answer for them.  Most of your family and friends will probably only want what's best for you....for you to be happier and healthier. Have you thought about a blog for your family and friends who have the internet? I have one and it has made it very nice for my friends and family who don't live close to me to be able to not only understand the procedure, but they can also track my progress as well as my rambling, my successes, my appointments and I even have a link to an actual lap rny surgery that links to a youtube video that is a very good way for not only you to see what's involved but others as well. (the link is in my profile if you want to see what I have done).  Of course the OH profile is a great way to blog too. Good luck to you! I'm sure others will come along with some great advice, that's one thing you will find here...good advice and people willing to lend a hand or shoulder anytime you need them.

Amanda S.
on 4/27/08 10:39 pm - shelley, ID

Good Morning Kathleen,  Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I didn't write letters to my family, but I think it is a great idea. I'm sure once you sit down, words will just kind of tumble onto the paper.   Feel free to PM me when you are on your 1000 calorie diet if you need to get some of your frustration out, I'm sure it won't be a very fun time, but worth it in the end.

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

Most Active