Soft food stage food recommendations please

Debbie P.
on 4/24/08 7:48 pm - Cosmopolis, WA
Hello All! I am writing out of desperation.  I can't seem to tolerate any foods that I have tried so far without dumping.  I have been sick for days and need to go to work..  All that I can tolerate is cream of wheat. I have looked all over for a sensetive stomach food list and no luck!  I don't know what to do.  I am afraid to eat anything and one can only eat so much cream of wheat. Help!
      Started 274 / Current 154 / Goal 160       
cfidecaro
on 4/24/08 9:17 pm - Snohomish, WA
HI~ So tell me what have you tried...I know my first few weks  was afraid to try anything. I lives on SF popcicles and SF Jello. I tried an egg once..straight to the bathroom.... It does get better.  Collette

Debbie P.
on 4/25/08 2:32 am - Cosmopolis, WA
I  have tried a soft boiled egg, cottage cheese, unsweetened applesauce, bananas, refried beans, rice, white beans and peanut butter. 
jillianD
on 4/25/08 6:58 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow!  Well lets start lots of people have a hard time in the beginning with eggs, most people stay away from things like rice and pasta till 2-3 months out cause it can swell in the pouch causing pain.  I don't know about the beans, apple sauce and bannana might have too much sugar for you right now and peanutbutter does have a lot of fat.   Are you keeping your servings to 1/4 c or less? I was still on thick liquids and starting purees at your point.  Maybe your new pouch isn't ready for more solid foods yet.  Everyone is different.  Have you tried a bean soup wizzed up?  bean and bacon was good for me and I know split pea has more protein.  How about some sf yogurt? Chili mashed up real good might work too.  You could even make savory cream of wheat by adding some seasoning and cheese to it.  Keep trying but if you aren't finding anything that works I would call your dr on monday. Good luck!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Debbie P.
on 4/25/08 11:15 am - Cosmopolis, WA
Thanks for the ideas.  I will keep trying.
      Started 274 / Current 154 / Goal 160       
jillianD
on 4/24/08 10:51 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yep let us know what you have tried and what you are dumping on, fat, sugar, both?  Have you tried cottage cheese? 
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/25/08 1:54 am - WA
Try mashed potato-flakey baked white fish-salad with oil and vinager Good luck Merrilou
nancy6
on 4/28/08 1:25 am - Tacoma, WA
Has Dr. Oh released you to soft foods already?  When I had my RNY in December, I was on clear liquids and protein shakes for the first month post-op...  I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble tolerating foods, but it will get better.  I agree with what the others have suggested - I know you'll find something that will work out for you. Take care.

~Nancy~

nantimms
on 4/28/08 9:59 am - Ocean Shores, WA

I read somewhere that moving to the next stage is really different for everyone.  Maybe you need to return to the last state for a few days or a week and let your tummy heal some more.

Most Active