New Here

Eluvzme2
on 4/24/08 2:16 am
Hello everyone! I am new to obesityhelp.com and just wanted to peek in and say hello... :) I am noticing that most everyone has had surgery or is going to? How many are trying to lose without surgery? I am extremely overweight and as much as I would love to be able to have surgery to help in the loss process.... I unfortunately am on medicaid and can't figure out how to get it covered. (Healthy Options Molina won't cover it at all) and there is no way for me to self pay..  So... here I am on the "diet" track... (hate that word)... Anyway.. :) I am 37 and the mother of 4, I live in Federal Way and am a MPC provider for my nephew who has a disability. I am having issues with motivation and keeping it going so I thought I'd peek in here to see if something helps to jump start me! Thanks! B 
Shelley S.
on 4/24/08 3:31 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Annie B.
on 4/24/08 3:58 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Welcome! Yes, most of us have had or are going to have surgery. That doesn't mean you can't be here! Losing weight is hard - with or without surgery. Hopefully we can help encourage you!

~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Helen_Anne
on 4/24/08 5:26 am - Bremerton, WA
Hi...... There is a forum on non-surgical weightloss... but I have gotten lots of support here as I do my 6 month medically supervised diet.  The dietionist I go to  is in Federal Way and she is a personal trainer also.  She has focused her pratice on Adult obesity, I have found her to be very helpful and encourageing.  If you want her name and number let me know.   I was having 2nd thoughts on gettting surgery after loseing 18 # in 2 months... then I had the week from h*** with my eating ... I guess I thought I "cured" myself from compulisive eating... NOT!!!  So I am back to basics... planning my food,  writing down everything I eat, drinking 64 oz of water and try to walk more (a little difficult now since I hurt my knee and walking down hills and stairs just about kills me). I do have insurance coverage for WLS. Helen
jillianD
on 4/24/08 8:44 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I just wanted to give you a quick hello and welcome you to the boards!!  Don't give up on you weight loss efforts Looks like you got some good advise in you other post!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Eluvzme2
on 4/24/08 3:30 pm
Thanks for the Welcome!! :) B
lorisb
on 4/25/08 2:09 pm, edited 4/25/08 2:09 pm - Vancouver, WA
You'll definitely find a diverse group of people here.  Me?  I couldn't lose a darn thing without surgery (or serious pharmacological intervention but that wasn't the lifestyle I wanted, either). But what we're doing in changing our lifestyles should still serve as an inspiration to you (especially since lap banders typically only lose one to two pounds a week ~ unless you're me and it is even slower than that, lol). Just don't look at a significant weight loss for someone else as negative toward your success.  Trust me, once the motivation leaves (and it will), you'll start to doubt yourself.  Recognize that we're all different and lose at different rates. Who knows?  Maybe THIS time you'll find the key that works for you! Lori EDIT:  I just wanted to add that you need to have your primary care doctor supervise any weight loss you try.  This way, if you find you may actually find coverage, you'll be that much closer to being able to be approved (some insurance companies, for example, require anything from three month doctor supervised diets, to six, nine, twelve or 18 months).
hugeseahawksfan
on 4/27/08 2:49 pm
hi, Hello and welcome to you!!! I am also a newbie here i have found lots of nice people here~ chris

Chris

Most Active