Re: July 19th get together in Gig Harbor

Kattin
on 4/23/08 9:44 am - WA
Hi All!! Sorry I haven't updated sooner.  I've been dealing with Thoracic outlet Syndrome and have not been able to do much. Anyway it's still in planning stage and at Horseshoe lake. There will be a crafts fair in Gig Harbor that weekend and will be a shuttle service from Park and ride in area,so you won't have to worry about parking in congested downtown. I'm going to check out Kopachuck state park also, and see who has better covered area in case we have a rainy weekend forcasted. I'll let you know for sure near July 19th. How many would need info. on places to stay? I can get B&B, hotel info. for you. And it will be family, a pot luck. I have portable gas grill and if others have these, please bring. Everyone bring what type meat you want to fix for you and your family and a side dish to share with others. And please remember do a sun dance, and think warm sunny thoughts for that day. Beach Take care, Kathy  
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

jillianD
on 4/23/08 10:46 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Sounds so fun!!  I could probably pick up a disposable charcoal grill if it would help they are pretty cheap.  I won't need a place to stay though. Brandy if you read this maybe we can carpool to this?  That is if you are coming.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 4/23/08 12:19 pm - Bremerton, WA
Kathy... I am sorry you have not been feeling well... But I am so excited about this event!!! Let me know if I can do anything to help... I don't need a place to stay... since I am only 30ish minutes up the road. Helen
cfidecaro
on 4/23/08 1:40 pm - Snohomish, WA
This sounds like great fun for family and friends...I look forward to attending...even though I don't attend the Gig Harbor Support group meeting is eveyone welcome? Collette

Kattin
on 4/24/08 7:49 am - WA
Hi All!! Thanks for the replies! This get together is open to all. I thought it would be fun to meet everyone and cheer each other on. Making new friends in life is always rewarding to me. Others that know where & where we're going in this journey. I'll update as I get more information on the parks. With this strange spring we're having we may have strange summer too.  So do that sundance. Wakka-wakka  Wakka-wakka  Wakka-wakka  Wakka-wakka  Wakka-wakka  Wakka-wakka  Wakka-wakka  Wakka-wakka  It will help firm the hips. lol Take care, Kathy  
Kathy
5ft 2 in 

morgansmommy
on 4/23/08 4:01 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
This sounds fun! I live 10 minutes from Kopachuck! I will be doing the sun dance! Mary
jillianD
on 5/3/08 2:01 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I was reading another post and thought what if we do a clothing exchange too?  I know I have lots of nive clothes that I have shrunk out of that maybe someone just starting could use?  Let me know what you think. I am soo excited about this.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

bombshellintraining
on 5/3/08 2:27 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Thanks Jillian - Not sure how I missed this! Sounds like a blast... the clothing exchange sounds like a great idea too! I'm only 5 minutes from Horseshoe Lake, so if that's the chosen place, whoever is interested would be welcome to park at my place and carpool (I have room for about 7-8 vehicles). Horseshoe Lake doesn't have an overabundance of parking, but it's a nice place. They also have some permanent grills on site, but as far as I recall, no covered spaces in case of rain. Chances of rain in July are pretty slim, unless of course, it's the 4th!

Shari M.

Kattin
on 5/3/08 11:58 pm - WA
Hi All!! Oh the clothing exchange is a great idea. I have some things.  And I'm near Horseshoe lake also, but no parking spaces in my yard. It's a fun place to go to tho. We do have a canopy tent thing we could bring, and if others have them we could put over tables if it's raining. But hopefully if ya all do the Sun Dance, we won't need them. Wakka Wakka  Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka  We have portable gas grill and if others have them please bring. BBQ  And those of you who live near Horseshoe lake, maybe you can meet me there early and secure tables and such. I know it's first come and park does get busy. Now that I'm able to use my shoulder and arm better I'm getting the spring fever bug big time. Want to garden and such. Gardening  I can't wait to meet everyone!! Take care and remember to do the Sun Dance!! Wakka Wakka  Wakka-wakka Dancing  Electric Slide Hula Dancer  Kathy
Kathy
5ft 2 in 

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/4/08 4:55 am - Buckley, WA
Kathy this sounds like a lot of fun . I feel so out of touch , as I don't spend enough time on the Washington board . So , I don't know that many people on the Washington board . I used to be on it more . I think I quit going on the Wa board because alot of the people that used to post when I was new , quit posting . Poor excuse , I know . I will definately do the sun dance . I need to do it now . lol . I know Jillian posted , today , that Olympia was sunny . But , Buckley isn't . lol . We're about 45 minutes apart . The clothing exchange is a great idea . Is there play equipment at Horseshoe lake ?  TTFN . Kathy

Most Active