3 wks post-op lapband in wenatchee

Kristi H.
on 4/22/08 2:06 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Hi all, just wanted to intoduce myself as a newbie on the losers bench in Washington. I'm 20lbs down so far and feel great. Looking forward to getting in the gym. Have been looking at the gyms around her and can't make up my mind. The YMCA or Golds. Any suggestions? Alos, looking for a support group close by. Thanks everyone. Kristi

What ever the LORD brings you to, HE will bring you thru.....
FILL'S  1st 5-30 2cc's   2nd 7-10 4cc's  3rd 9-16 1cc 4th 11-22 1.4cc
Shelley S.
on 4/22/08 3:46 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there and welcome! You are doing an awesome job!!

Kristi H.
on 4/23/08 12:48 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Thanks for the welcome, Shelley and the kudos!

Helen_Anne
on 4/22/08 6:46 am - Bremerton, WA

Welcome Kristi... There are many great people on this board....  I vote for YMCA... the Gold's Gym nearest to me is filled with too many skinny women with too much make up on.... but then it is the Downtown Seattle.... so that may be the reason for all the make up!

Congrats on your weight loss!!!   Helen

Kristi H.
on 4/23/08 12:52 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Thanks Helen. I think i'm leaning towards the Y as well. Praying for the funds to do it. My kids have memberships there and take swim lessons. I'm worried that i will find  the same kind of women at  Golds here too. I don't want to feel self-concience trying to work out.

Cynthia H.
on 4/22/08 2:34 pm - Renton, WA
Welcome!!! You are doing great.  Sorry I'm not much help with the gym.  I ride my stationary bike at home or walk at lunchtime.  I can't find the time to go to a gym, nor can I afford it. I think I would rather invest my money in a new treadmill for my house.

Cindy  

Kristi H.
on 4/23/08 12:59 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Thanks Jillian for the welcome. I feel much better with 20 gone. My knees quit hurting. I too wish this weather would warm up so i can get outside. I get cold so easy, that i can't stand to be out for long. I'm ready for summer. I think the Y is looking better all the time. My kids have memberships, it would be nice to just go to one place.  Wenatchee seems so cut off from everywhere else. It's a nice town, but limited. I only know of one lady and her husband in the area that had LB, and she says there isn't a support group here. But, i've have met so many wonderful people here on the boards, and it has really been an inspiration to me, everyone of you. Thanks!

lorisb
on 4/23/08 2:12 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well, I'll step up for the lap band side but don't have an opinion about the gyms.  I've gone to private ones in the past and am now using our community programs. If you have any questions ask away.  I try to visit this forum periodically but, now that I'm more than two and a half years out I don't seem to have as much time to just read the forums.  Yep.  I'm busy getting on with my new life. Lori
Helen_Anne
on 4/24/08 1:51 pm - Bremerton, WA
Kristi... I will be in your area the last week of June.... vacation time with my quilting friends... may be we can get together for coffee?  I will be in Leavenworth. Helen
Kristi H.
on 4/23/08 12:47 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Thank you Cynthia, i appreciate the encouragement. Yes, affording the gym is an issue as well. But i'm praying that i will find a way to do it. For now, i will be hitting the pavement. I wish this darn weather would clear up so i can get outside. Rain, Rain, go away......

Most Active