from bad to worse! dr appointment

hugeseahawksfan
on 4/22/08 7:56 am, edited 4/22/08 11:41 am
I am a diabetic and today the dr said my diabetis is not under any kind of control. So i am on 10 units with meals daily for the rest of my life. I could just cry.  ANY other diabetics out here? does it get better? I am floored But i also know its my fault and i have to eat better with two kids 4and 6 its hard but i will try. i am just bummed out.

Chris

jillianD
on 4/22/08 8:55 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Did you watch the 60 in episode on WLS surgery the other night?  I know you are sad but this is just one more weapon to help you get the surgery you need.   The Dr quoted an 85% cure rate for type 2. You might try looking at their site for clips. Do the best you can to get it under control. Eat like you have already had the surgery.  No drinks with meals and eat your protein first.  You can do this!  You deserve to be happy and healthy for you and your kids! Thats all I have to offer, I never became diabetic but I am sure it was on the horizon, its one of the reasons I had my surgery. Good luck!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

hugeseahawksfan
on 4/22/08 11:38 am, edited 4/22/08 11:41 am
no I did no****ch that show BUT i will look it up.  i have pills and have taken metformin but stomach dr took me off that one. Now dr said 10 units of humolog with meals and 45 lantus at night and 1 actos in am. Sounds like a bit to me but that kind of nursing was not my special area.  i ate 2oz of roast tonight and a huge lot of steamed califlower and just polished off 10  mini rice cakes and i am stuffed. thats if for me tonight I hope because i usually break down and eat popcorn at night. I know shame on me!!! thanks for the support. CANT wait till i can get the surgery thing going!! OH yeah i called federal way today and i hope to get an app soon!!

Chris

Shelley S.
on 4/22/08 9:12 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Was was just over the borderline of type 2 diabetes and was taking 1 metformin a day.  I had to quit them a few days prior to surgery.  Once I got home, I never took it because it's a big honkin pill and I even told my surgeon the day he took out my drain and he said just check your sugar and if it's good, then I can stay off the meds.  I have yet to this day needed another one.  So the simple answer is yes, surgery can make it better.  Not everyone will be better overnight like I was, I am lucky but most I have known have been able to lesson their meds or never needed them again after a bit.  Hang in there hun!

Most Active