hello all

blueraccoon
on 4/18/08 11:12 am
Hi all, I've been thinking about surgery for about a year and have finally started on the path to having it. I've done my initial consultation with my surgeon and am working on getting the nutritionist and psych evals done; only thing left to do is work out how I'm going to pay for it! (Stupid insurance.) I'm on the Eastside (Redmond) and was wondering if there are support groups in the area? I know of the one at my hospital--Evergreen--but if there are others in this area I'd love to know about them. Thanks, rebecca
Shelley S.
on 4/19/08 1:11 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there and welcome to the washington forum! I have no idea about the support groups there, but wanted to make sure and welcome you

blueraccoon
on 4/20/08 3:15 pm
Hi there :) Thanks for the welcome; sorry I haven't written back sooner but I've family in town. Fun!
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/21/08 4:35 am - WA
Welcom, my support group meets in Auburn the 2nd tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm . Come join in Merrilou (253) 939-8865
nancy6
on 4/21/08 3:33 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Rebecca - Welcome to the Washington board!  I would encourage you to come to Merrilou's support group in Auburn if that isn't too far fo you - it's a great group.  It's fairly small, but great people!  I think that the support groups are very helpful whether you're pre-op or post-op.  I wish you all the best as you move on toward surgery.  The insurance stuff is a bit of a pain!!  I assume your insurance won't cover it at all?  I hope that's not the case, but I know many do not.  I was fortunate to get my surgery done last year before my insurance changed as the new one doesn't cover it at all!  Take care and don't hesitate to throw out your questions, concerns, etc. ~Nancy~

~Nancy~

blueraccoon
on 4/21/08 3:42 pm
Hi Nancy :) Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely see if I can make it up to Auburn, but that's the same night as the meeting at my hospital so I'm not sure which one I'll be able to get to. I will try, though! My insurance won't cover anything. I've just finished working out the financing so now I can really move forward; I've got a nutritionist appointment this week! I'm a combination of excited and nervous *G* --r.
nancy6
on 4/22/08 2:19 pm - Tacoma, WA
That's too bad that the Auburn group is the same day as the one at the hospital.  It seems like a lot of groups meet the second week - I wish they'd spread them out a bit!  :)  I find that the support groups are very helpful to me and I'd like to go to more of them - if they just weren't all in the same week!!  I'm sorry to hear that your insurance won't cover anything, but glad that you've gotten the financing worked out.  I have a friend who paid for the surgery himself, too, and he has had no regrets at all!  I can definitely relate to your excited and nervous feelings - just wait until you get your date!!  Keep us posted on how things are going...

~Nancy~

Most Active