can i join in here?

jillianD
on 4/20/08 2:04 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
The best place to ask those questions would be those specific boards.  I think RNY does initially lose faster but after 6  months or so they even out.  I had RNY because I didn't want to mess around with fills and unfills. We are a military family and I can't be sure everywhere we go I will be able to find a dr to do them.  Lots of Drs don't like to take on someone elses patients. There are 4-5 different surgeries make sure you check them all out and find the best fit for you.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Brandy L.
on 4/21/08 1:18 am - Baudour , Belgium
With the lapband you are expected to lose at least 50% of your excess body weight over a 2 year period. Lapband was made for a gradual weight loss. With the RNY you are expected to lose it over a 1 year period.  Hope that helps. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

grandmabev47
on 4/21/08 1:08 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
Hi,  I've finally decided to rejoin the living.....everything seem to being slower than I thought ! more nausea than I thought.....I have to eat slowly and not to much...I'm starting to go back to water arobics this morning ...I'm so glad my side still gives me little pinches to let me know it's still there.. I had to make a trip to Mississippi my 5th wk. out my Dads wife passed away that was hard it was a long trip and then a long drive after I flew into Memphis...I still am afraid to try protein....it made me so sick in the beginning......I try any eat food with as much protein as possible.......it's going to be a real challeage .....everyone is doing so well.....I feel like I'm not losing as fast as I should......starting to excersise should help......I'm always burping  all the time.....! ! I was warned because of my age it would be slow going and it is.....tomorrow I have a appointment with the nutri ( elshaw) at Madigan and then I'll go to the support meeting......it's all a habit  I've decided...I will hopefully ck this site often I've missed you guys......and good luck to  hugh seahawk fan....you'll get good advice from this site... the people are helpful and someone is going thru what you are....it does help...Bev

Most Active