can i join in here?

hugeseahawksfan
on 4/17/08 2:58 pm
thanks so very much i know of a surgeon but i have not looked into him very much yet but i am going to do my homework! thanks  christie
PinkFlamingoes
on 4/17/08 10:55 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome to the Washington board , Seahawksfan . Kathy

hugeseahawksfan
on 4/17/08 2:37 pm
hello and thanks for the welcome! I live in Lacey and i know of two surgeons around here, i will check into the possibilities more next week as far as insurance. I have two and IF they refuse me then i will take out a loan! LOL I am tired of feeling like a fat slob and smelling like sweat all the time. I have M.S and i also get medicaid thru  wa state due to the ms. thanks againg for the welcome!! christie
nancy6
on 4/17/08 3:15 pm - Tacoma, WA
Looks like you're doing it right to me!!  Welcome to the Washington board - glad to have you join us...

~Nancy~

hugeseahawksfan
on 4/19/08 1:12 am
thank you very much christie  why do i have a mod approving my posts? weird

Chris

Brandy L.
on 4/19/08 1:34 am - Baudour , Belgium
Christie, Hi, I live in Lacey as well. I can't actually refer you to a surgeon though because I had mine done on Fort Lewis at Madigan.   But I do believe Medicare covers this surgery as well from what I have been hearing on the forums. Good luck and do lots of research, that's what I did. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Sarahlicious
on 4/19/08 1:13 am - Portsmouth, OH

All new members have their posts moderated for the first 48 hours.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Helen_Anne
on 4/19/08 12:57 pm - Bremerton, WA
Christie... Both UW Medicine and Virginia Mason take medicaid patients... so if your other insurance doesn't cover WLS ,  you can try to get medicaid to cover it.  I think medicaid will pay if have at least 2 co-morbid conditions.  ( diabetes, high blood pressure... I forget what the other conditions are) and have a BMI over 40. I wish you luck... insurance companies can make our lives difficult! Helen
hugeseahawksfan
on 4/20/08 1:51 pm

Chris

hugeseahawksfan
on 4/20/08 1:54 pm, edited 4/20/08 1:54 pm
i need to know the diffrences in the surgerys and the things i have been told i want to know if they are true.  I was told with lapband the weight loss is not as drastic as bypass is that so?  so many questions! lol christie

Chris

Most Active