UW for TT ?

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/15/08 1:17 pm, edited 4/16/08 11:26 am - Buckley, WA
Anyone know anyone who's had a TT @ UW ? Back east if you have plastics done at a teaching hospital , you get a major discount . Heidi (myladyheidi) had hers done @ Yale (or Duke ?) . I was wondering if University of Washington worked the same way . Anyone know ? Anyone ? Thanks . Kathy

jillianD
on 4/15/08 2:03 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I don't know but I would be interested in finding out. So would many others I am sure.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/15/08 2:08 pm - Buckley, WA
I'm going to call tomorrow . My mom had a lung reduction , there . That is major major surgery . I was very impressed with the UW medical facility . Top notch , in my opinion . I spent a lot of time there , as my mom was there for 6 weeks . Kathy

Helen_Anne
on 4/16/08 1:36 am - Bremerton, WA
I dont think so... Virginia Mason is a teaching hospital too... while we do have "package price" for plastic surgery procedures. The discount is keep our charges closer to what is being charged in this market place for plastic surgery procedures. But it would be interesting to find out if UW  does have this type of discount. Helen
cfidecaro
on 4/16/08 2:12 am - Snohomish, WA
Hi Kathy~ I would love to know what you find out.. Collette

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/16/08 11:25 am - Buckley, WA
They do have much lower rates . I called , today . The prices I was quoted for a "Proper Abdomnioplasty" (full TT) were : $ 3,680.00 done by a resident with full attending assisting  , or $ 8,016.00 if done by a faculty member . Cosultation is $ 250.00 , which is credited toward your procedure if you decide to have it done . They have a waiting list , as they only do consultaions once a month . But , she said it goes pretty quick . I cancelled my Avalon appt . & am going to go there for a consultation instead . I feel good about having it done there , even though it is pretty far away . They are top nothch & if anything were to happen I couldn't be in better hands . Just my opinion . My mom is very pleased , as she knows WSU very well . And she was worried about me going to the Avalon clinic . Even though i'm sure they're very well equiped to deal with emergencies . I'm not trying to knock The Avalon Clinic in any way . Kathy

nancy6
on 4/16/08 12:32 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks for sharing the info, Kathy...  Please keep us posted on how the whole process goes for you and what you decide to do.  Lots of us will be in that same position before too long!!  It's very hard to know which plastic surgeon to go to.  Wishing you all the best as you travel through this part of the journey!

~Nancy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/16/08 12:57 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks , Nancy . Unfortunately cost plays a part in my choices . I am trying to get the most competant surgeon for the best price . My insurance won't cover it . One thing to note for those whose insurance will cover plastics . A large number of plastic surgeons (who are in private practice , or clinics) won't deal with insurance , they'll only do self pay . It'll be interesting to go through the UW process , for sure . I'm not used to being on display & it is a teaching hospital . lol . Kathy

nancy6
on 4/16/08 2:41 pm - Tacoma, WA
I'll be in the same boat - insurance won't cover any plastic surgery so if I do decide to get some done, it will be self-pay and cost will definitely be an issue...  I'm looking forward to hearing how the process goes for you.  I know what you mean about being on display in a teaching hospital - I guess that's part of the "fee"! 

~Nancy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/17/08 10:51 am - Buckley, WA
The exam will definately  embarrass me if there are several people looking on . I told my mom I didn't care how many people look on during surgery , once they give me the drugs . Lol . For some reason , it seems like people back east have better luck with insurance than we do here . So , considering the cost is our reality . The designer plastic surgeons offices charge way too much for me to even consider .

Most Active