BMI update!! Everyone

clh333
on 4/16/08 4:55 am - WA

since I finally found my scale this am... BMI 28.8  started at 39.7 8 weeks out as of today, down 45 lbs since surgery half way to goal, 55 pounds to go!!

Congrats to all the losers!!!!  Keep up the good work!

Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

jillianD
on 4/16/08 6:18 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You are doing great!!  Halfway to goal already!!   Brava!! Quick question we have close surgery dates, hows your eating been? I guess I am just wondering whats working for you right now I still am having a lot of problems with meat, unless its shrimp.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

clh333
on 4/16/08 7:18 am - WA

Hi Jillian Congrats on you new lower BMI!!

I was so happy this morning when I realized how much has  changed in 2 months!!

As for the eating....My doc was pretty vague on everything.   He gave out a binder with Q&A.  I learned a whole lot more  from everyone on OH.  The past month has been kinda weird/hard,  since we were in the midst of moving (for eating/cooking).  We were eating  out alot.   When we were at the hotel for a week, I hadnt eaten that good  since before surgery (breakfast buffet)  Now I still have lots of  variety of foods I like, but one day its ok and another day im dumping.  Im not grooving on shakes since 2 weeks post op.  Cant hang with them now.  I have had chicken, ground beef, tuna, BBQ,  not into seafood though.  I have been having cereal  every am this week (kinda makes me sluggish-like other posters)  Lunch I have 1/2 a small pizza or 1/2 deli meat sandwich, or 1/2 lunchables meat, cheese, crackers, dinner more of the same, maybe  a bit of salad (i actually miss my veggies!!).  I have tried fruit too.   I stocked my freezer with lean cuisines and south beach diet entrees...havent  tried them yet (ate them pre op) I know for sure, If I dont SLOW my eating speed down...I get  foamies and CARBS make me tired or have a gurgling pouch.   I indulge with sweets, but instead of a 1 pound bag of M&M's,  its just 5 M&Ms. (lots of sugar in a serving makes me dump) I drink lots of water daily, and have a soda maybe once a week  or every 2 weeks.   I know that my food habits/choices are NOT THE BEST, but I  have found what works for me.  I have taken info from others,  my doc, and what I can stand, and voila'.   Everyone says intro one new food item a day into your diet, dont buy lots of it, because taste changes SO much. I used to LOVE cooking (did it for a living!).  Im trying to get back into it, and  try not to think of it as so much a chore.  Im going to check out & try eggfaces recipes....shes the martha stewart of OH sorry so long, sorry for the hijack!!

Cheryl

jillianD
on 4/16/08 9:39 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I eggfaces recipies.  I was just wondering how you were handeling food.  I  get the foamies a LOT and I feel like I am not eating enough.  Glad you are tolerating everything so well!  I tried a bite of pasta and ohh agonies!!!  LOL  I miss salad but don't eat much of it cause I am struggeling to get protein in.  Like you I haven't been drinking shakes.  I was till 2 weeks ago but they started to make me nausiated.  I am trying to figure out if I want to spend more money on another one that will make me sick 2 weeks after I start it.  (I am scared I will lose a ton of hair) Anyway thanks for the reply and for being so candid.  I agree with you that moderation is everything! Sounds like you are doing great!

clh333
on 4/16/08 10:09 am, edited 4/16/08 10:11 am - WA

foamies suck!!  I find that I get them when I eat too fast, and  sometimes when its the food type (breads/carbs) Moderation is definately key, and slowing down when eating  (this has been the hardest part for me). Eating is like a chore these days, and its hard, and I too feel like  Im not eating enough daily (maybe thats why I think its ok to  have m&ms and soda everyonce in a while-need the calories?!?!?)

Im scared about the hair too...I was going for a pre emptive strike  before surgery and cut it all off, but DH said NO.  Who knows... maybe we will not lose any hair!  OHers recommend biotin for the hair...been looking casually for it, but  will probably pick some  up this weekend.

I bought a bag of EAS vanilla protein from COSTCO, for $25.   Granted, I have made many different flavors of shakes, and  some were good, Im just not into them.  I bought one at Jamba  Juice the other day (the soy protein) and it made me dump... just another reason why I dont like them!

The little lunchables (although high in sodium, & 28 gr protein)  are doing my tummy right at the moment.  Or make your own.   I have 4 ea of the meat, crackers and cheese, and Im full,  and have the other half for dinner. They are convenient, and normal looking to take to work too. I hope the foamies go away for you SOON! Take care!

Cheryl

jillianD
on 4/16/08 12:51 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thanks for the deets on the lunchables, and I am not surprised that Jamba made you dump.  Even the all fruit has 15 carbs for 1/2 of a small.  The others are 30+ I'll have a sip but that is it!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/16/08 1:02 pm - Buckley, WA
I like the lunchables , too . When the kids want a TV dinner i'll buy myself the small lunchables that don't have the juice or candy . Very satisfying & the pouch agrees . Kathy

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/16/08 11:56 am - Buckley, WA
My beginning BMI was 47.1 & is now 25.3 . I am now just overweight . Who'd know how sweet that would sound . lol . Kathy  PS - I count my pre-op weight , too . I owned it , & I lost it , so i'm counting it . lol .

jillianD
on 4/16/08 12:52 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You are doing really well almost to goal!!  Congrats!!

nancy6
on 4/16/08 12:23 pm - Tacoma, WA
Congratulations, Jill!!  That's a great loss in the BMI department...  I started out at a BMI of 50.7 and am now 34.8... I agree about counting all pounds lost - whether before or after surgery.  I count from what was my highest weight (a month before surgery).  I agree with Collette - pounds lost is pounds lost!!!

~Nancy~

Most Active