Madigan - Revision

rebeccaford
on 4/13/08 2:12 pm - Honolulu, HI

Hi there!  Long story short, we were stationed here at Ft Lewis back in 2003.  I had a VBG with Dr. Weber in Seattle 3/23/2003.  I'm 5 years out and have gained back all but 30 lbs. 

I have had zero complications, although, recenlty in the last year or so, I've thrown up almost every day.  Even little bites get stuck in my stoma. 

I saw a doc at Madigan and said I should get a referral for a revision. 

I've always thought it was my fault for gaining all the weight back.  I started gaining about 2 years out because I couldn't handle being thin.  In the 3 years since then I've had some awesome therapy (at 2 different duty stations) and I'm definitely ready to start losing again. 

Have any of you had a revision at Madigan?  Or a referral for a revision outside of Madigan? 

I see a lot has changed in the 5 years since I was here.   TIA for your help. Becca

jillianD
on 4/14/08 12:42 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Madigan will do revisions.  I know several people who have had them. Good luck on you quest, and congratulations on seeking therapy.  I will probably need it too.  I think lots of people do afterwards.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Terri Z.
on 4/15/08 1:57 am - Las Vegas, NV
Yep madigan does the revison, I was gonna do it, but wanted to try and lose the 30 pounds on my own, I am doing it, and even tho its not as fast as the first time having wls, its coming off, the doctor even told me, just because I have the revision, doesn't mean it will work. when I heard that, I thought alrighty then, here comes the other blow to my ego, he told me to go and eat the way I should be eating at this stage out, so I got the info from the NUT. and started my long boring missing my old ways of eating, to wow this isn't as bad as I thought it would be and I CAN DO THIS, and Yes, yes, I can still eat CHOCOLATE!!!!! Now, I did have a TT/hernia 2 months ago and lost 13 pounds so I am NOT counting that, ok. So since I have been doing what the NUT. Said, I just started this last week, I am down 6 pounds. So, having the revision FOR ME, is not what I want at this time. If you have it, please let me know how it goes, if you don't I still would like to know what you are doing and how you are doing. Good Luck Terri
rebeccaford
on 4/15/08 12:19 pm - Honolulu, HI
Thanks for the notes, you guys.  I have a visit with my PCM on the 28th of this month.  We shall see what happens. Becca
LisaAnn
on 4/18/08 1:40 pm, edited 4/18/08 1:40 pm - WA

Hi Becca, I too had my surgery with Dr. Webber (VBG) and am 2 years out and failing miserably!! We are retired military, so you post really caught my interest. (Madigan is an option for us as well) I have been thinking of a revision as well. I am afraid to contact Dr. Weber, for fear he will not be understanding about the gain. DId you contact him with that regard?? Please post how things go, I would really like to read about your follow up! PS, my stats are not accurate. Should be: 254/203/150 - I am currently 203 after having my daugher in February. Lisa

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active