Venting

cfidecaro
on 4/11/08 11:22 am - Snohomish, WA
Today was the day from hell.  While I am so excited ..I am down 128 pounds..only 31 more to go... I am back to Dr Bock office...not for any complications to the RNY...this is for the breast reducation. I was so excited when I got the it approved...I guess being 181 pounds and wearing a 38G bra is a good enough reason for it..finally. When I had my last mamo (a requirement for the reducation) they found a lump...so I worried about that for 6 days...then found out it was not cancer..yeah! Well today the doctor who was to perform the reducation advised me that she would not do it until either 1) it was removed or 2) the general surgery dept @ Group Health ok'd the reduction with the lump still inplace. I had my 9 monht follow up scheduled for 5/7 and they are booked solid until then. so now I am in the waiting mode until then...I think this is worse thatn waiting for the approval for the RNY...I have wanted this so much longer...lets see 33 years...I have had they suckers since I was 9 and have wanted them gone or at least smaller since 12... I just hope I can convince.

jillianD
on 4/11/08 11:50 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ohh I so know what you are feeling!! 40 G's here!!  To get a reduction is one of the many reasons I decided to WLS surgery!  I wish you much luck cause i want mine too even if ins won't pay for it.  I will find a way!! P.S.   WTG 128 lbs!!!  You so rock!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

cfidecaro
on 4/12/08 1:02 am - Snohomish, WA
Hi Jillian~ So glad to know some know the pain of abnormal sizes I find it interesting that the MIL does not cover this...If you want my advise start complaining about your back...ask to see a back doctor...tell them that the smaller you get the bigger they are. I can tell you that since I have lost all of this weight, my back does hurt more. It would seem that before the WLS, they had something to "rest on" (the belly) no that it's gone..it is all on my back now. Thanks about the kuddos! Collette

jillianD
on 4/12/08 2:25 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Oh the MIL does cover the surgery but you have to meet a weight/height standard.  LOL basically I have to lose the weight and prove that the boobs would still be humongo!!  What I am hoping is that they will sent me to an outside provider, so they will end up pretty as well as smaller.  Madigan doen't do bad work, but its not the best either.   About the back...  I am planning on complaining at my next appt.  Has hurt for years.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 4/11/08 1:04 pm - Bremerton, WA
Collette... I am so sorry you are getting the run-around with your doctors office.  I am so glad that the lump is benign. I hope there is a cancelation so that you can get into your GH surgeon sooner. Helen
nancy6
on 4/11/08 2:01 pm - Tacoma, WA
That's got to be frustrating, Collette...  Just hang in there - you'll be getting that reduction before you know it!  You're lucky that your insurance is covering it - my insurance totally excludes anything related to WLS and/or plastics.  I'm just lucky I got the surgery taken care of in 2007 before my insurance changed.  So, even though it's a bit of a wait for you - hang in there!!  Take care...

~Nancy~

cfidecaro
on 4/12/08 12:57 am - Snohomish, WA
HI Nancy~ I know that what you are saying is true..I just want them GONE! As to the insurance thing...this is not related to the WLS surgery. I have major back problems due to the size. I have been very large my whole like. At the time of WLS I was a 46/48 I, I know that my insurance would not cover it for any other reason. Take care and I will keep you posted Collette

Shelley S.
on 4/12/08 12:54 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Dang girl, first off congrats on your weight loss, that's amazing! And I would keep calling for cancellations because you just never know.  I'll keep you in my thoughts that you can get in sooner

Most Active