Too few calories

bombshellintraining
on 4/7/08 2:12 am - Port Orchard, WA
Yea, we have the same doc!!! I really appreciate your input... wanted some verification that the plan they've asked us to follow is sound and actually works - sounds like it is and it does! Great job on your weight loss!! I'll definitely e-mail you... would like to discuss the "Unjury" (I think that's what you're referring to). Thanks again!

Shari M.

Suzanne_G
on 4/7/08 1:14 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi there.. the calorie ammts sound about right for the timing. I would follow your doctors rules to the T.  The very downside of this board, is we see what others do, according to their doctors (and their own rules) and think its ok to fudge on things. I know i do! I use my protein shakes as a suppliment.   If by the end of the day, my protein #s are down..i add 1/2 a shake serving (which really is a full serving) Tracking your meals on Fitday.com is a GREAT tool..recomend it for everyone.   Since your early out..id also suggest weighing, measuring and taking your picture the first of every month. Its amazing to see body fat falling off..even when the scale doesnt move. (been stuck at the same weight for months now..but  have gone from a 14 to a 10 during that time!)  Scale stays the same, but i keep shrinking! Good luck to you.  Listen to your doctor.. go to your weight loss meetings. Suzanne
bombshellintraining
on 4/7/08 2:29 am - Port Orchard, WA
Hi Suzanne - It's really helpful to get perspectives from different people, so thank you! I did have a reply to my post from another OH'er who has the same doc as me, and her results have been fantastic... so I'll just follow what the doc says and hopefully my stall will unstick itself soon. I know I'm melting because I did take presurgical measurements... then about 5 days into my stall I measured again and had lost 20+ inches overall. Haven't been to a weight loss support group meeting yet, just found one within 10 miles of my home... will start that this week! Thanks again for your response.

Shari M.

Suzanne_G
on 4/9/08 12:52 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Youre just at the usual place for stalling.  I hope you take measurements often..because when i Didnt lose..is when inches melt off. (wierd and backwards sounding, i know) The calories sound about right.. then at a year or so..closer to 1200. Many doctors are discouraging the protein shakes.(most are pretty high in calories) you can get a days worth of calories in a serving! I was eating carbs early out. (on the plan)  crab on crackers,  chili on 1/2 small potato, most veggies.  Apples with peanutbutter,bananas a day are a must for me (horrid leg cramps otherwise) Its really important you dont compare your weight loss to others you read here.   The heavier someone is at surgery, generally the more they lose per month.  I was a lightweight (under 260) We lose alot slower.  I lost 12 lbs my first month.. NEVER more than 5lbs a month after that..but it chipped away.   Within 10 months i was a size 10.   So dont be discouraged.  (ps.. for MONTHS i did not lose 1 single pound..but shrunk from a 14 to a 10.. all at the same weight)  This will work :)   It just wont work the same for all of us. Good luck. Take monthly measurements and monthly photos.  You will be amazed..regardless what your scale says. Suzanne
bombshellintraining
on 4/10/08 2:46 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Thanks Suzanne - I'm really glad I took my measurements before surgery, because I took them again about a week into my stall and I've lost 20+ inches... so that's very encouraging. I took my one-month postop pics today and can already see the changes. Thanks again!

Shari M.

Most Active