Hi there! Group Health, anyone?

Cheryl N.
on 4/2/08 4:21 pm - Des Moines, WA
Hi.  Did anyone here in WA that have Group Health Cooperative insurance get approved to have a lapband surgery?  Tell me your experiences! Thanks! :) 
bombshellintraining
on 4/3/08 6:08 am - Port Orchard, WA
I was approved for surgery with Group Health, but it was up to me to decide between LapBand and RNY. I really vascilated between the two, and didn't have to give them my decision until about a month before surgery... the reason for that has to do with scheduling for the different types of surgery, also I believe if you choose LapBand, they'll refer you for an upper endoscopy. I discussed the different types of surgery with my health advisor (Accomplish Weight Management), but ultimately was able to make my own choice. Hope this helps.

Shari M.

Mom-Burnett
on 4/4/08 5:54 am - WA

Hi Pixiestix, I would like to know the answer to that myself.  What kind of Ins do you have?  My plan is Options thru Group Health.  I have been denied coverage.  Apparently, there is some kind of rider our employer can purchase, but didn't.  Even if the obesity is life threatning, they will not cover it.  This is just not right!  I understand if I could find out if anyone had been given the OK for this surgery with the same coverage then, they would have to also do mine.  The thing is, I don't know how to find that out.   Hope you have better luck than I'm having at the moment.  I'll let you know if I find out any info. Bye Carol

Most Active