Update on me...

Annie B.
on 4/3/08 2:33 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey everyone,

Well, thankfully things are starting to get better...I'm still in pain, but at least now it's mostly bearable. Coughing and sneezing are still VERY painful! OUCH!

I want to say welcome to everyone new here...I have been reading posts from my phone, but I can't respond on it, so I have read most of the posts, but I really don't have the energy to respond to all of them, so I just want to say WELCOME here!

I'm still losing weight - which I didn't expect to continue because I've had such a hard time with my protein.  I am not getting very much to eat either.  But then I guess neither are most of us.  I just really have no desire to eat.  I'd rather drin**** water...but even that...I know I'm not getting enough fluids either.  I've noticed all my skin is dry - I've NEVER had an issue with dry skin before (except my hands in the winter time).

I have also had an interesting thing happen...I'm either quite late for my period, or I'll be missing it this month...it's very weird.  I think it's probably because all of the stress my body is in with the pain and such, but I have NEVER been this late (except when preggo) - which of course I know I'm not.

I have had a friend visiting and helping me for the last couple of weeks which has been WONDERFUL!  I just haven't been able to handle them - with all the pain I've spent a lot of time in bed.  

I haven't been sleeping well though - and that's not fun.  I was a side sleeper - and I miss it terribly.  I am tired of sleeping on my back, and I still have to have it on a bit of an incline. I just can't seem to get comfortable...sleeping on my side hurts a lot...I try it everyday, but so far, I can't do it for more than about 5 minutes.

Well I need to go...I'll probably be back here later this afternoon...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

nancy6
on 4/3/08 4:04 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Annie - So good to see a post from you...  I know you've been travelling a rough road since surgery and it's wonderful to hear that you are doing better.  Keep that pillow handy when you feel a cough or sneeze coming on!!    I hope and pray that you will continue to feel stronger and have less pain each day now and that you'll be able to look back on this time and feel that it was worth it in the long run.  I'm glad you've had a friend there to help you out - those boys can be busy, I'm sure!  Looks like you're doing great with the weight loss!  Hang in there and take care of you! Hugs,

~Nancy~

Shelley S.
on 4/3/08 6:45 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hey there girl, good to hear from you! I'm so sorry you still have pain, that just sucks I didn't think I was going to start this month either, I actually started today which made me about a week and a half late.  I had cramps since I would have started normally but thank goodness for Tylenol! Oh on the dry skin, count me in too, all over too, and it's annoying  lol

jillianD
on 4/3/08 7:02 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Your on the mend now, you will be surprised how fast you start to feel better now that you are over the hump.  I was the same way for side sleeping... I could do it for about 5 min that was it.  About 10 days after that though I was good to go so you will be there soon. I need more fluids too I am on soft foods now and its not going well lol about 1/2 of what I eat is making me sick. Foamies?  ugh...  This too shall pass??
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 4/3/08 9:53 am - Bremerton, WA
Annie... I am so glad to here you are feeling better... sorry that you are still in pain and not sleeping! I will keep you in my prayers! Helen
kittykatzmom
on 4/3/08 10:32 am - Mason co., WA
Hey Annie, I am glad to hear the pain is starting to subside.  it's also wonderful that you have a friend staying with you and helping out. keep us updated on how your feeling.

~Cindy~

Tulabean
on 4/4/08 3:30 am - Everett, DC
Glad that you are on the mend! About the period thing: this was a shocker to me, and I am not looking forward to it: apparently, your cycle can get all out of whack for a year or so after WLS.
bombshellintraining
on 4/5/08 2:12 am - Port Orchard, WA
I'm a side sleeper too, but found it very painful the first week post surgery. I had an umbilical hernia repair with a 2-in*****ision (which hurt far more than all the laparoscopic portal site incisions). After sleeping fitfully for several nights, I finally used a king-sized pillow to support my abdomen/pannus, which allowed me to sleep on my side in relative comfort. I also supported my back with another pillow or by bracing against my 70-pound lab! , which took even more stress off of my abdomen. You might give this a try - but I would only recommend a dog if they are semi-comatose on the bed!!! GOOD LUCK!

Shari M.

Starting Over
on 4/6/08 4:08 am

That's a great suggestion Bombshell. I did the same thing with the pillow and it worked great for me!

Annie girl, I know it's been rough. I hope this rough patch ends soon. I have suffered from eczema alot in my adult life, but it has receeded in the past 2-3 years. Well, about a week after surgery it came back with a vengence! I was itchy and had dry skin like CRAZY! I saw my pcp who prescribed a creme to help. However, I found that cocoa butter has helped the most. PLUS, pregnant women use cocoa butter to help with the stretch marks...so I figured it had to work for me!

Most Active