DSers in WA

musik
on 3/30/08 9:55 am - WA
Just curious if anyone has had DS and who their surgeon was. I live in Spokane and their are no surgeons here who perform it here.
Brandy L.
on 3/30/08 12:13 pm - Baudour , Belgium
Hi.. Wish I could help ...but I am a lap RNYer myself. I don't currently know anyone who has had it but you can always ask on the main board or the DS board. Best of luck. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

jillianD
on 3/30/08 12:28 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Keep lookin there are a few here.  I think there is a surgeon over in portland who does it.  Maybe the DS board will have more answers.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

classite
on 3/30/08 5:37 pm - Battle Ground, WA
smscott7 had the DS done by Dr. John Rabkin.
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
classite
on 3/30/08 5:39 pm - Battle Ground, WA
smscott7 had her DS done by Dr. John Rabkin.
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
classite
on 3/30/08 6:01 pm - Battle Ground, WA

smscott7 had the DS done by Dr. John Rabkin.   Dr. Oh and Srikanth both of Federal Way do it as well as Dr. Ross McMahon.

Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
VickiStevens
on 4/1/08 12:34 pm - Tacoma, WA
My surgeon, Myur Srikanth, does the DS along with the RNY and band.  The DS was actually the first weight loss surgery that he performed.  He has been doing it for years.  He does virtually all of his surgeries laproscopically. Srikanth is located in Federal Way.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
musik
on 4/2/08 4:59 am - WA
Thank you  for that info. Do you know if he'll only do it if you have a BMI of 60 or higher. I was under that impression. Thanks, Brenda
VickiStevens
on 4/2/08 2:00 pm - Tacoma, WA
I have never heard Srikanth talk about a minimum BMI for the DS.  He generally recommends the more malabsoptive (like the DS) for the higher BMIs, but he does not say you must have a high BMI for the malabsorptive surgeries.   He is an excellent surgeon.  He generally gives seminars once a week and occassionally does a Webinar.  You can call his office and find out when and where his seminars are and if he has a webinar coming up.   If you click on his name in my profile, I think it will give you his contact info.  If not, let me know and I will get you his number. Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Most Active