Madigan??

jmmdbk
on 3/27/08 6:58 am - Allyn, WA
I was just wondering if anyone has had surgery at Madigan? How was your experience? I am starting the process and was just wondering how everyone's experience was.  Thanks - Michelle
kittykatzmom
on 3/27/08 8:35 am - Mason co., WA

Congratulations and welcome, you are begininning a long well at least 6mos. process, it can be a roller coaster ride. I am having surgery on the 11th at Madigan with Dr. Rush. I have done all my classes and psche eval at Brem Naval hospital. than all the paper work is sent with you when you go to meet your surgeon. Also if you are interested we have a support group meeint the 1st tues. of every month ath the Brem naval hosp. you are more than welcome to come. it is a requirement that you attend at least once. Ihave been going since Nov. and really enjoy it. Good luck and keep us posted.

~Cindy~

Brandy L.
on 3/27/08 9:40 am - Baudour , Belgium
Hi...there are actually quiet a few of us who have hd surgery at Madigan within the last month. I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow. I had my surgery March 7th with Dr. Martin.  This is a really great place to come and chat with everyone. Also once all of us are back to normal we have several get togethers. You will find great support here but I also recommend you attend several support groups. I mean ... keep attending...don't go to just one. This is a huge lifestyle change and you really need to be committed to it.   Welcome to the group and please ask questions whenever you have them. I take it you have met with Meg for the intro pathway class?  If oyu ever have questions...we can definately answer them for you. Good luck. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Annie B.
on 3/27/08 1:25 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I had surgery at Madigan just a month ago (actually a month ago today!  2/27).

There's also a weekly support group at Madigan on Thurs nights from 5-7 in the Cosio room (ground floor of the nursing tower).

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Brandy L.
on 3/27/08 2:08 pm - Baudour , Belgium
Annie, How are you feeling? Did you make it to the support group tonight? I am gonna have to find someone to watch Chelsea so I can go to one. 

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

enchantedelirium
on 3/27/08 2:44 pm - Dupont (Ft. Lewis), WA
RNY on 04/14/08 with
haha! so glad you posted this. ive been wanting to make it to the thursday night meetings for a while but hadnt had the opportunity. so a coupe of weeks ago i made it there....only to wander around in my wet clothes for an hour searching for the room! LMFAO!!!!!! ill have to go next week! (my surgery is on the 14th of april)
Most Active