Any food Ideas for two weeks out?

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/08 9:48 am - Fort Lewis, WA

Okay so I can't wait until Wednesday when I will be two weeks out.  I am so excited to start the next stage.  Any of you guys have anything that has been working really well for you? I know it's pureed foods but any ideas would be great. I am so tired of the jell-o, pudding, and broth..lol Thanks, MIchelle D.

Starting Over
on 3/24/08 2:02 pm
Hey Michelle! I hear ya on the jell-o thing. I had SO much jello during my pre-op diet, that I haven't touched the stuff since I had surgery!lol. I have TONS of it in the cabinet and just can't bring myself to eat it.lol Anyhoo, during my pureed stage I had ALOT of beans. Black beans, refried beans, and lentils.I just couldn't get enough refried beans with a little melted cheese on top. YUMMY. You may want to try Cream of Wheat and/or Oatmeal. Oatmeal did NOT work well for me, but I've heard that others liked it alot. I don't like cottage cheese, but that seems to be a favorite of others too.  Oh, and I made my own peanut butter in the magic bullet. My nutritionist didn't recommend eating alot...only a tablespoon at a time, but that was nice to have when I wanted a little something sweet. You may want to check out the recipe forum. There are some GREAT ideas and recipes on there. Good luck!
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/24/08 11:44 pm - WA
Mashed potatos and gravy worked for me! Flakey white fish and salads were OK ,Just not very big portions to start!  Merrilou
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/08 8:43 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Thanks guys! I can't wait until tomorrow! Michelle D.
amynicolelynn
on 3/26/08 4:24 am
My favorite was campbells soup at hand creamy chicken, and velvety potato. They really did the job with my dying for something other than jello, and broth. I hope this helps!!!
amynicolelynn
on 3/26/08 4:27 am
P.S. I dont think you can eat salad this early. I still have'nt had salad. Salad is very hard for your stomach to digest, and the book says no raw veggies for 12 weeks. Trust me I am dying for a good salad!!!
Most Active