Kinda of gross but just curious

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/08 3:54 pm - Fort Lewis, WA
Okay so I am kinda embarssed to ask this question but here it goes.  I am still on the liquid diet and I am having bowel movements everyday but just curious if they all should be runny? Sometimes it just hits me and I have to go right away.  Were out shopping today and I was caught off gaurd and had to find the closest bathroom ASAP.  I just hope it's not like this all the time.  Any input would be great. Michelle D.
eclin49
on 3/23/08 12:43 am, edited 3/23/08 12:43 am - Yelm, WA
I had lap band surgery and have been on liquids for over 5 weeks and I too have runny movements.  My Doctor said this is normal.  I am assuming that would be true for RNY too. 

clh333
on 3/23/08 1:02 am - WA

Hi Ive seen this question posted elsewhere...and everyone says "what goes in must come out" in kinda the same form. Once you get to soft foods, You'll be less runny. Also been noted, that "regular" BMs change as times go on.  You may have been and everyday at 6am person, but Its not unusual to go a few days between.  Since you arent eating that much food, your body has less to dispose of!

Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

Brandy L.
on 3/23/08 2:52 am - Baudour , Belgium
Michelle, It is very normal! I was soo excited when I finally had my first firm poop...lol. And yes there were times I had to find a bathroom immediately like you described. But it does get better and not as instant. Keep up the good work! Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/08 3:04 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Thanks everyone! I just didn't think I could go on like this forever.  I thought maybe I was eating the wrong things, but then I was like well I am not eating anything really..lol Michelle D.
Tulabean
on 3/23/08 3:55 am - Everett, DC
Thanks for posting this...I am new to all of this; am yet to have surgery...and knowing what may happen helps to prepare me.  On another note...at least I will overcome my fear of pooping in public places! =D
Hannasmom
on 3/27/08 1:43 pm - WI
Oh Michelle I'm so glad you asked!  I was so caught off guard w/ the not having BM's every day... I thought something was terribly wrong and then it dawned on me, hello, I'm not eating much, lol.  I'm hoping it gets normal again, lol...

Pregnancy ticker

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/08 1:49 pm - Fort Lewis, WA
Hey, How are you doing?  It does get normal again.  I started on some pureed foods and have noticed a little bit of a difference. Michelle D.
Most Active