I am alive and thank you all for your prayers,especially Nancy!!!!

southerngrl
on 3/22/08 2:43 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
Well I had my surgery on the 13th and went for my one week check up yesterday. I had lost 13 lbs and the doc said I was doing great and he would never believe that I had surgery just a week ago. Nancy came to see me in the hospital and she truly is a angel on earth. She brought me a goodie basket full of protein shakes,gas x strips, protein bars, container for travel for protein and so many more things. I went home on friday and I think the 3 hour drive from Federal Way was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for me. I did okay saturday but was still highly medicated, thank God for pain medicine. When I woke up sunday everything went down hill.....I truly thought I was going to die or maybe it was me praying to die. I slept most of the day and kept saying over and over..."what the hell did I do to myself"? Monday was worse and I cried when ever I was awake. I called my husband at work( He is a military trauma nurse) told him he had to talk to my PCM and figure something out for me. My PCM is a goddess and I love her so much, she always there for me. My hubby brought home some Zofran the you put under tounge and will take the nausea away in just a few seconds. They use this medicine alot for pregnant women, but it helped alot.My hubby also came home with 2 IV'S and ran them both into me that night. I woke up tuesday a diffrent person and have been off all pain medicine since then. I feel like my old self today and feel like the first 5 days of my journey was a bad dream. The past 4 days I am getting stronger and better and feel like a new person. I went shopping today and cleaned house and have been going non stop. I had a photography shoot scheduled for next weekend but canceled it thinking I would still be down. I called the family today and told them if they were up to it so was I. So i go back to my mon-fri job on Monday and my photography job a week from today. I just wanted to thank you all for all your love ,support and prayers that you sent my way.This website is such a Godsend and you all really are the best women I know. I keep you all in my prayers all the time for your happiness and health. Love,Prayers and Friendship Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/08 3:50 pm - Fort Lewis, WA
Melissa, So glad to hear that your doing great!  I had my surgery on March 12th.  I am doing fine also and getting back to my normal self.  I still get a little tired but I am also nursing my broken foot .  I agree with you that this website is a godsend, everyone is so great here!  Michelle D.
southerngrl
on 3/23/08 1:49 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your foot, I had a broken foot before and it is horrible. Congrtas on your big weight loss your first week. That is awesome you took that much off in one week. Yes, this website helps me daily and very thankful I found it. Take care of your self and stay in touch so we can check up on one another. Melissa
amynicolelynn
on 3/22/08 5:42 pm

I am so glad to hear you are recovering well. This surgery is honestly 10X more painfull than I thought it would be, but once you get thru the pain stage it's all good.  I hope you continue to do well, and congrats on your 13 pound weight loss!!

southerngrl
on 3/23/08 1:52 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Thanks so much Amy, I hope you are doing well and recovering rapidly. I went and got the papya tablets you told us about and they are great. I will keep checking in with ya to see how you are progressing. I had a rough time at first but now could not be happier that I did this !! Melissa
eclin49
on 3/23/08 12:37 am - Yelm, WA
I am so glad to hear that you are doing great.  I am been thinking about you and have been checking here and the St Francis support page for an update.  I had lap band and I couldn't go back to wor****il 3 weeks post op so hooray for you.  My drive home was only half of yours but I slept through most of it.  I wasn't driving when I had to go for my 1 week post op and its a good thing because I was really hurting by the time we got home but was fine the next week.  Don't overdue it or you will pay a price.  Enjoy your new life.

southerngrl
on 3/23/08 1:54 am - Mt Vernon, WA
you are so sweet and supportive,I appreciate all your concern. I Am soooooo ready for the new me to get here and I am getting closer every day. I feel great and glad that God let all the pieces fall into place so that I could do this. How are you doing now since your surgery? Melissa
clh333
on 3/23/08 1:07 am - WA
Hi Melissa glad to hear everything is going well (now)!!  Congrats on the 13lb loss!!   Just take it easy, and dont over do it....the first few weeks I couldnt feel anything, so I did things I probably shouldnt have.  Things are better now, and Ive even packed a few boxes! Talk to you later! Cheryl
         Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

southerngrl
on 3/23/08 1:57 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Cheryl, I am glad the pain is behind me now I can just focus on getting stronger. I am glad that you are doing so well also, so are here for good yet or still back and forth. You are going to love the help and support you get on this site and the Washington women are a really great group. Keep in touch Cheryl and hopefully we can meet sometime. Melissa
clh333
on 3/23/08 3:56 am - WA

Melissa, Im not there yet...movers are coming tomorow to pack the house, and we will be driving up around april 1 or 2.  DH flew up last week to sign the lease, so I have an address!!  YEA!  Cant wait.  I hope we can meet up too!

Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

Most Active