Belching and lack of energy

grandmabev47
on 3/21/08 4:10 pm - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
Am 18 days post-op and loosing weight OK!  However am having a problem with belching most of the time(interfering with sleeping,etc) AND lack of energy!  Have tried Acidphex and Prilosec to atempt to help alleviate/cut down on the belching but to no avail and as for the lack of energy....?ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!

Shelley S.
on 3/22/08 2:16 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I wish I had some answers for you but wanted to say I hope you find something that works soon.  I don't have full energy all the time, but I did notice when I go for a walk, I can walk better now than I did before surgery.  I have been taking it slow though, I will walk to a point and come back, next day a little further then back and I'm still only up to about a half a mile in one shot.  Now get me on a bike in the gym and I can do the 2 miles, although it takes me awhile  lol.  I tell  ya though, when I walk to go to the gym, I feel better and have more energy than before I go in. As for protein, are you able to get some in first thing in the morning? Once I got the Isopure, I drink that first thing even before water, and find it gives me energy for the morning.  Now if I dont drink some in the afternoon, I feel like I need a nap, and do take them sometimes.

Brandy L.
on 3/22/08 2:24 am, edited 3/22/08 2:25 am - Baudour , Belgium
Hey Bev, I agree that the protein really helps give you energy. If you aren't able to get your protein drinks in try some eggs with cheese for breakfast and maybe a little ham. Just anything to help you get the protein in. I am still struggling with the protein drinks myself. But I bought some new things, including 2 protein flavors,  from www.netrition.com and I am anxious for them to arrive. They should ship out on Monday and if lucky I will have them on Friday.  I just make myself get up and get out but usually I am completely worn out by the time I get home...and yes I do take naps...actually live for them right now...lol. I actually make a protein drink now using some peanut butter and the protein powder...the peanut butter flavor hides the tastes of the powder but I can still only get maybe half of it down.  I still can't burp so I honestly don't know what to say to help you there but I do pass gas. But it usually makes me feel better. Talk to you soon! and Great job on the weight loss...keep it up!! Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Shelley S.
on 3/22/08 2:59 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Brandy, how I get myself to burp is I pat my chest while sitting straight up just like when you burp a baby.  That helps me a lot, so if you haven't tried doing that, try it and see.  Also, let us know how the new products are, I'm still stuck on Isopure only right now because all of the shakes, at least right now, make me feel ill.

tiggerfan0464
on 3/22/08 3:20 am - Everett, WA

If you are having problems at night try not to drink 1 hour before bed time. Also sleep with your head propt up....it seems to help. As for energy and your getting your proteins in....try B12 shots or tablets. I started taking those about 2 weeks ago and it has made a world of differnce. Good Luck,

Kathy

Starting Over
on 3/22/08 4:25 am
I agree with Kathy...B12 and protein. Of course you are only 18 days post op, so don't be too hard on yourself. YOU JUST HAD MAJOR SURGERY! My surgeon requires that his post-ops take 1000mg of b12 three times a week, or 500mg five times a week. When I miss a few days of my B12, I can definitely tell a difference in my energy.
Most Active