Update 17lbs lost (no cast on my foot!)

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/08 12:47 pm - Fort Lewis, WA

So I went to my first check up today and I had my drain pulled out.  It wasn't painful at all, it just felt funny coming out.  I am down 17lbs!  My doctor says he thinks I am doing well enough that he does not want to follow up with me until three months from now.  I thought that was a little ways out, but then I figured if I had any problems with anything I could always call and make an appt.   I am not cleared for the next level of foods until Wednesday. I was really wanting something different this weekend but I guess it's just more Jell-o, SF popsicles and protein...lol. As far as my foot goes they are not going to cast it.  I was given this horrible looking blue shoe thing to wear.  I follow up with my foot doctor in three weeks.   I had planned on taking 4 weeks off from work and return on April14th, but so far I feel like I am feeling well enough I might end up going back on April 7th instead if all still goes well. Hope everyone is doing well and that each and everyone of you have a wonderful weekend! Michelle D.

Shelley S.
on 3/21/08 12:53 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
That's wonderful! Just take it easy, dont rush back to work unless you truly feel up to it.  While I feel great now, I do get tired out if I'm busy during the morning.  My drain didn't hurt coming out, just felt like I got the wind knocked out of me for a sec then I was fine.  The stitch coming out hurt worse  lol

nancy6
on 3/21/08 3:34 pm - Tacoma, WA
Congratulations, Michelle!  Looks like you are doing great!!!  I agree that not seeing the surgeon for 3 months seems like a long time, but like you said, you can make an appt. if you think you need one before then.  Glad that your foot is doing OK - I'm not sure the blue boot is better than a cast, though!!  I agree with Shelley - don't rush back to work if you don't want/need to.  Although I'm sure you'll do fine whenever you decide to go back.  Keep up the great work!!

~Nancy~

Brandy L.
on 3/22/08 9:04 am - Baudour , Belgium
Michelle, I am so glad to hear how well you are doing! I have been doing great also and I feel really good. The only thing I have is a little tenderness at the bottom of my belly on the left side...lol...kinda weird because there are none of the incisions or anything near it. But I am doing really well. I am down 22 pounds since surgery and I feel great! I am happy to hear that you don't need a cast on your foot.  Have a great weekend and HAPPY EASTER! Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Most Active