Metabolic Rate Testing?

PlicketyCat
on 3/21/08 7:25 am - Kenmore, WA
Has anyone had their resting and/or active metabolic rate tested? I desperately want to get this done because without those numbers you have absolutely no idea whether you're consuming enough or too many calories or exercising too much or not enough for your body. The "textbook" ranges that a lot of the diets, trainers and nutritionists use are just averages and can be completely wrong!! I've noticed that several local health clubs offer the test, but it only seems to be available to their current members, or as part of a new membership. I certainly don't want to go in, pay my money, and then get pressured into signing up for a membership or working with a personal trainer. Do any of you know of a clinic or hospital that does RMR/AMR testing in the Seattle area, that hopefully isn't smack in the middle of downtown? I'd prefer to stick in the north/eastside if possible, but if downtown is my only option it's better than nothing.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. --- Oscar Wilde
Most Active