Needing encouragement...please

Annie B.
on 3/21/08 2:18 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks, Brandy.  I'm glad you're doing well...Just standing in the kitchen to make some soup this afternoon wore me out!!  Ugh!  I was craving...really really craving chicken nuggets.  My boys eat chicken nuggets a lot...and just the smell...mmmmmmmm.  So today, we were out of them...so I went to Burger King and got the 4 piece - ate one and two bites of a second one...yummmy.  I feel just fine from them too...of course it was only about 3g of protein (and 3g of fat).  I went knowing they might make me sick...but I HAD to do it.  It was one of those things I just NEEDED to try.  So I have almost three left - two more meals LOL.   How was the movie?  I am curious about it...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Brandy L.
on 3/21/08 3:19 pm - Baudour , Belgium

The movie was really cute, and my daughter loved it! She was so into it! So it was a lot of fun, but we came home and I had to take a nap.  I tried some eggs this afternoon and they settled well. I am afraid to try to many things but I gotta ge some more protein in. I just ordered some things from www.netrition.com . I got some Pancake mix, hot cocoa (sugar free of course), and some BSN dessert proteins (banana nut bread, and whipped vanilla cream), also Low Carb Cookie Mix, Chocolate chip and peanut butter. All of these products are sold on www.bariatriceating.com but I found them a lot cheaper at the netrition. Now I know I am not going to be able to just jump right into these...but its nice to have something to look forward to.  I haven't even thought about trying anything fried yet. But I tell you...Bev and I were talking about going to  Outback when we can eat real food again without it being pureed or mashed up. We are hungry for their grilled chicken breast and either vegtables or a baked potatoe. And we can soo split a meal...lol (What a dream for now!!! but definately dreaming about it). Take care Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Starting Over
on 3/22/08 4:40 am

Hey Brandy, Thanks for the link to netrition.com. I usually order similiar low carb products from www.carbsmart.com and I just compared the websites and Netrition seems to be on average 2-3 dollars cheaper per product than the stuff I bought on carbsmart! Thanks for sharing the tip!

Oh, and good luck with the BSN dessert proteins. I ordered their sample pack (from the BSN website it's only 9.95 for a sample of ALL of the dessert protein shakes...no shipping cost), and found them to be SUPER sweet. Way too much for me, so I gave the rest of my samples to a friend who absolutely loves them!

Brandy L.
on 3/22/08 8:51 am - Baudour , Belgium
I am glad I could help. I did the UPS ground shipping and it was only $4.95....I was sooo blown away. I am so anxious to try the different items when I am able to!  I hope the Lean Dessert proteins work for me... I had to force down one this morning ...but it was the Designer Whey Protein to go....not so great but new I needed the protein. Yes... i found they averaged $2- $3 cheaper on most of the items I had looked at before, so that's why I went with them. Plus no sales tax! Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/08 12:54 pm - Fort Lewis, WA
Annie, I am sorry your having a hard time! Your doing a great job so far!  Remember you had a major surgery.  All of us heal differently and you have to keep your head up! Things will get better! It's great that you recognize your having a bad day and you can come here for support. You are doing a great! Michelle D.
Annie B.
on 3/21/08 2:19 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks Michelle!  I appreciate your encouragement!  Hope that foot is healing well!  And I hope you're doing well from your surgery - quite a lot for you all at once!

jillianD
on 3/21/08 1:00 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Sorry you are still feeling like crapola toots.  Just try to keep taking it easy.  I felt like crap for a long time still do every once in a while. Just recently stopped needing a nap in the afternoon.  The biggest thing is do what you can.  Pull a stool or chair over to the sink so you can sit while you do the dishes.  Did you try some bean soup??  Eggys cottage cheese bake was real good to me and sat well on my poor tummy. Take care and call me when you get down. I am pretty free in the afternoons.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Annie B.
on 3/21/08 2:21 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks!  I tried the bean and bacon soup - YUCK...didn't like it.  I did like the beans in the beans and weanies.  I need to try some of eggface's stuff...or point my dh to it since he likes to cook for me.  I will definitely have to call you soon.  How long are the in-laws here for?  I think you said a week...when is that week over?

nancy6
on 3/21/08 1:58 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hang in there, Annie!  You will feel back to normal - you really will!!  I'm so sorry that you're struggling right now.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  You have a young family to keep track of, a husband who works and you just had major surgery with some complications thrown in.  You're entitled to need naps and not have a house that's spic n' span...  Sounds like that infection really did a number on you and I suspect it will take a bit to recover from that.  Just take care of yourself (and those boys, of course!) and soon you'll start feeling an improvement every day.  It will all be worth it in the end!

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 3/21/08 2:23 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Yes...it will be worth it.  I can already tell you...I can't believe anyone thinks this is the "easy way out".  If we could show those people what we have to endure even for 24 hours, I think they'd be singing a different tune!  This is HARD!  I think if there's someone I don't want to tell about my surgery - I'll just tell them "a lot of hard work" because man it is!! Thanks for your encouragement, Nancy!  I appreciate it!

Most Active