Needing encouragement...please

Annie B.
on 3/21/08 2:38 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey everyone...

Things have been rough for me...and I just need some encouragement. 

I can't eat much - though beans and cheese work well for me.  I can't get my protein in - I can drink the Isopure, but we're out of our Grape Isopure - the only thing that sits well with me so far.  But even that, I can't drink much of it.  I don't know how I'm ever going to get in enough protein.

I'm still in pain...dr said it's irritation from the infection I had.  I just wonder if it's ever going to get better.  Am I ever going to feel normal again?  

I know I'm only three weeks out (and a couple of days), but still...I just want to feel normal...not need a nap in the afternoons, not need pain medicine anymore.  

Sure...I've lost 33.5 pounds since surgery...but I'm miserable.  Even water sometimes makes me feel nauseated.

Thanks for listening...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

SANDIRAND
on 3/21/08 2:57 am - Centralia, WA

Hang in there, from everything I've heard, it does get better.  I think everyone has slight "buyers remorse" for a short time, but then you will start to feel good again.  Take care of yourself!

Sandi

Highest 242/Surgery 216/Current 172/Goal 150

Annie B.
on 3/21/08 3:14 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks, Sandi. 

kittykatzmom
on 3/21/08 3:57 am - Mason co., WA
As everyone says, things will get better, just hang in there, your doing awesome.  My thoughts are with you through this hard time. Just take it easy it'll get better.

~Cindy~

Annie B.
on 3/21/08 4:12 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks, Cindy.

Shelley S.
on 3/21/08 4:33 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Aww girl I'm sorry things are still rough, and you have pain.  I have my good and bad days, but they are mostly good anymore.  You had an infection, and I'm sure that's why you are still in some pain, that would make sense.  Dont hurry anything, just do what you can for now, get in what you can, and the rest will come when it comes.  (((((Annie)))))

Annie B.
on 3/21/08 4:45 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with

It's so hard...my house is a mess and I don't have the energy to clean it.  Ugh!!  Thankfully I can sip my Isopure (doing that right now)...hoping to finish 1/2 the bottle in the next 20 minutes or so - I've been working on it for the last 20 minutes or so.

I can't even make soup!  I get too winded just standing up for too long...and not to mention the kitchen is a disaster and I start to get stressed out just being in there!  *sigh*

Thanks for your encouragement!  You should come visit if you're feeling up to it one of these days!  We can just sit and chat while the boys run wild. LOL.

Helen_Anne
on 3/21/08 9:38 am - Bremerton, WA
Annie... I am so sorry you don't feel well... it's got to be very fustrating!! I read somewhere that for the first weeks after surgery that someone here used all disposible  dishes so that there would be no dishes to wash.  I wish I lived closer and could get on the base so that  I could come over and clean your kitchen for you. My friends have done that for me before and i felt so much better just being able to see the bottom of the sink. I am keeping you in my prayers.. as others have said... getting an infection stalled your healing...I know you will be feeling better soon! Helen
Annie B.
on 3/21/08 2:14 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks Helen!  I appreciate your prayers...a lot!

Brandy L.
on 3/21/08 9:54 am - Baudour , Belgium
Annie, I still take naps as well and I have a hard time keeping up with the cleaning as well. I finally forced myself to do dishes yesterday. I still have a little achiness under my left breast area where the drain was. But for the most part I feel good. I haven't been pushing things to much. I know I am not getting enough liquids in and so I am really trying to do that. I also still have a hard time bending over so that makes picking things up rather difficult. I am hardly getting in any protein, but trying to get it in with cheeses and other soft pureed foods and such. I am going to go buy some different protein powders when I feel like driving to go get them. I do make the quick trips to Wal-Mart and to base...but I am worn out by the time I get home. I even fell asleep in the movie theatre with my daughter yesterday watching Horton Hears A Who.  It does get better! Just hang in there. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Most Active