Tomorrow is my first appointment

sweetkathleen
on 3/19/08 12:25 pm, edited 3/19/08 12:33 pm - Seattle, WA
Hello everyone- I just wanted to say that tomorrow is my first appointment with the doctor to talk about the stomach surgery. I hope that everything goes well. Have a great day, Kathleen
Shelley S.
on 3/19/08 12:32 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
That's great! You'll be fine, just be completely honest with your doctor and tell them what you would like to do.  Keep us updated

kittykatzmom
on 3/20/08 1:31 am - Mason co., WA
yeah  for you,  the first step is the hardest, your gona be fine, good luck, and keep us posted.

~Cindy~

grandmabev47
on 3/20/08 7:50 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
Hi Shelly, How are you and did the move go well.....this is the first real day I have felt like my old self !!!!thank goodness,......I wonder if it would ever happen,,,,,no pain....still can't get protein  to stay with me..... I've learned that tuna has lots of protein and I sma**** up in the blender it does well... I eat a lot of tuna...and salmon....maybe I'm part cat....hows Annie ? and Jillian I have'nt heard from anyone in a long  time....I saw Brandy at the support meeting on tuesday she lots good......great that you've lost 22 pds.....it's really great...must go time to eat.... Bev P.S. Kathleen you'll do fine when it comes to your surgery it's really great to have the surgery tool to help gain the goal of permenent weigh loss....good luck....BEv

Shelley S.
on 3/20/08 8:45 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Good to see you Bev!!!  I'm still having protein issues too, but going to go and get some tuna tomorrow.  I have made chicken salad, mushy, and it was pretty good. Annies hubby went back to work this week so she's probably tired at the end of the day after having the boys alone.  I haven't heard from Jillian lately, I know Saturday they went to Dennys, Annie and Jillian.  Maybe they will pop up soon and let us know how they are doing.

nancy6
on 3/20/08 11:05 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Kathleen - Well...how did your appointment go?  I'm sure that it went well for you and I hope that all your questions were answered and your concerns addressed.  Congratulations on taking this step toward getting your health back!  Don't hesitate to post questions here or to PM any of us that are on the board.  We'd love to help you along the way - it's quite a ride!!    Take care...

~Nancy~

sweetkathleen
on 3/21/08 7:10 am - Seattle, WA
Thank you everyone so much for your support. I did have my appointment and meant the doctor. He is very nice (and of course good looking!! LOL) He went over the different surgeries and he agree with me that I made a good choice in picking the lap band surgery. He said that the weight lost is a bit slower then the other surgery. He asked me some questions. Then I laid down on the table for him to check my stomach area. Nothing painful about that. He said that I will need to visit with the social worker to learn different ways on dealing with my stress instead of medicating myself with food. I will have to visit with the nutristionist to learn what I can and can't have. So my appointments at on May 1st. I have to get some blood work done on that day as well. I am scheduled for a semiar in April.  The doctor did say that there are support groups. I hope to go to some of those and also make some new friends here that's been around the block a few times. I hope that you all have a great and happy day- Kathleen
kittykatzmom
on 3/21/08 9:04 am - Mason co., WA
well it looks like you've started that journey of a life time, good luck and keep us up to date on your progress.

~Cindy~

Most Active